• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Bottled Water?

Here's an interesting thing most people don't even think of. Almost everyone drinks tap water all the time, every day. Millions of people do and don't even realize it.

Every time you go to out and get a drink and add ice to it, that ice is always tap water. If you go to 7-eleven or Subway or McDonald's, and order a drink, the ice you put in that drink will be made from municipal tap water. When that tap water melts, guess what, you are drinking tap water! I know people who add ice ("tap water") to bottled water all the time. Sort of defeats the purpose don't you think? :smile:

Precisely! Thats why when you go to Mexico or other 3rd world country you shouldn't drink anything that isn't in a sealed container...especially drinks with ice!

Here's an interesting thing most people don't even think of. Almost everyone drinks tap water all the time, every day. Millions of people do and don't even realize it.

Every time you go to out and get a drink and add ice to it, that ice is always tap water. If you go to 7-eleven or Subway or McDonald's, and order a drink, the ice you put in that drink will be made from municipal tap water. When that tap water melts, guess what, you are drinking tap water! I know people who add ice ("tap water") to bottled water all the time. Sort of defeats the purpose don't you think? :smile:

actually the soda from fountains like McDonalds is tap water.

Isn't softened watered bad like distilled water since not only does it not have the minerals, but also helps flush or dilute essential minerals that ur body needs.

No, soften water is not distilled water. Soft water is water that is lower in mineral content, most notably calcium and magnesium. However, it still contains, some trace amounts of minerals and is pH balanced for proper consumption.

Distilled water is water that has been evaporated and then condensed. As such it has all minerals removed. Therefore it is considered very pure/near pure water. If you look at the chemical structure of they H20 molecule it can be very ionically polarized, meaning it is very aggressive in pulling ions (aka bonding). That is why pure water is very aggressive and will leech ions from anything it comes in contact with. So when you drink it, it will pull any free ions, like minerals, to become ionically balanced. You should see what it does to teeth!

Water that has been introduced into nature will have already have had time to pull minerals from the earth so they become stable and safe to drink, aka soft water. If you let that water come in contact with too much earth for an extended period of time (as in the Colorado river on it's way from the Rockies to the Hoover Dam) then the water absorbs too many minerals and becomes what you would call "hard".

Don't know if this is actually true but when I was in Memphis in the mid-'70's, I was told that they sat right on top on the largest Artesian Well in the world and the tap water just had a little fluoride added and that was it. All I knew for sure was that it tasted great and was REALLY good with Jack Daniels. Made your hair and skin feel great, too.

*EDIT* Guess it is true:

http://www.waterworld.com/index/display/article-display/191620/articles/waterworld/volume-19/issue-11/washington-update/memphis-water-termed-sweetest-in-the-world.html

Last edited:
i refill my 5 gallon bottles and load it to my water cooler. Sometime i do get lazy to run to the supermarket for refill when the bottle goes empty. I load up tap water instead...friends that visited, wasn't complaining. They like it........ lolz It tastes fine to me. :cool:

Pitcher - $1 at Dollar Tree
Filter - Britta, $12 at BB&B, good for 10,000 glasses.
Bottle - $15

If I ever buy bottled water, it's usually something sparkling because I think it works better at quenching thirst without any of the drawbacks of pop - Radenska, Kiseljak, St Pelegrino, even Kroger stuff.

Otherwise, why spend money on something that comes out of the tap and does nothing but produce unnecessary garbage in the end?

You could move to Memphis lol. The water and the BBQ is great but the people are crazy for the most part.:tongue:

Im soooo there I need some good BBQ. F this water stuff LOL. This water stuff got a little crazier then I thought it would. Can I live with you?? LOL

I had a rather comedically inept water filter salesman come to my door soon after I moved into my current house. He brought a complex arrangement of filters and rubber tubes as well as a variety of unlabeled chemical reagents and dye to try to demonstrate how polluted my tapwater supply was. All he ended up doing was making a mess in my kitchen and getting the floor all wet...

He wanted to sell us an extremely expensive but scientifically dubious filtration system and was going to throw in a years supply of organic soaps and detergents.

Needless to say we showed him back to the front door...

My wife and I have been quite happy with the refrigerator filtration system as well as our PUR/Brita that we use to fill our reuseable bottles.

Now the only thing I would like is an outdoor filter for car washing to reduce the appearance of water spots. I have a MrClean hose attachment but prefer to use an electric pressure washer instead.

The OP is asking which is the best bottled water. Not that I've had a huge sample and I do drink tap water 99% of the time but Fuji water tastes the best to me. Normally I would say that it's a bunch of crap but I did a blind taste test once (set up by me and some friends) and was able to pick the Fuji water out of the bunch. For some reason it tastes "smoother".

The OP is asking which is the best bottled water. Not that I've had a huge sample and I do drink tap water 99% of the time but Fuji water tastes the best to me. Normally I would say that it's a bunch of crap but I did a blind taste test once (set up by me and some friends) and was able to pick the Fuji water out of the bunch. For some reason it tastes "smoother".

Yeah. I meant best bottled water. I said that because I thought it was the best and cleanest. Many posters are proving me wrong. Im just looking for the best water now. I didnt think tap water was even in the running lol. Also, when you say Fuji I believe you mean to say Fiji? If so I used to make the same mistake all the time myself.

Umm, overall I prefer Evian (yes yes, I realize it's Naive backwards) and Nestle. Figi probably comes in third.

Although, when I tried it, VOSS (I think it was) had the best taste at the beginning but a horrible after taste.

Ethos water here isn't all that bad, but doesn't compete with the first three.

Unless they're ice cold, I can't stand Dasani, Aquafina, Mountain Spring and a few others.

Back