• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best brake hose choice?

I tried to order factory brake hoses today, and found them to be discontinued. I've always been hesitant to use braided stainless hoses, and I'm a little uncomfortable using aftermarket rubber hoses as well. What are the best options? Are there any OEM hoses available?

I'm also getting ready to install the SOS abs kit.

Thanks!

David
'91 NSX

Last edited:
Why are you worried about steel braided hoses? I've put them on all my cars and have never had one fail or leak.

I looked up speedy parts and austrian type r, but couldn't find websites. I've ordered from the nsx shop in the past, but they don't seem to be open anymore.

My concern with braided stainless hoses is of no being abe to see the condition of the rubber underneath; bulges, splits, etc. Atleast thats what I've always read. I race a factory built 911 cup car, and they still run rubber brake hoses. I think they do all the way through their RSR's.

I checked on Amayama, and they seem to have them, but with an August to September delivery window. Are they new old stock, or are they a currently made component still available in Japan?

Has anyone used hoses from Rock Auto? It looks like they have Raybestos, Sunsong, and Centric. Does anyone know who makes them for Acura?

Thanks!
David

I looked up speedy parts and austrian type r, but couldn't find websites. I've ordered from the nsx shop in the past, but they don't seem to be open anymore.

My concern with braided stainless hoses is of no being abe to see the condition of the rubber underneath; bulges, splits, etc. Atleast thats what I've always read. I race a factory built 911 cup car, and they still run rubber brake hoses. I think they do all the way through their RSR's.

I checked on Amayama, and they seem to have them, but with an August to September delivery window. Are they new old stock, or are they a currently made component still available in Japan?

Has anyone used hoses from Rock Auto? It looks like they have Raybestos, Sunsong, and Centric. Does anyone know who makes them for Acura?

Thanks!
David
[MENTION=33290]SpeedyPartsJapan[/MENTION] is Mita Motorsports (formerly known as The NSX Shop).

https://www.mitamotorsports.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that update on nsx shop. I've always had good experiences when I've ordered from them.

Just as an FYI, I placed an order with OEMAcuraParts, and there were a few things on national backorder with unknown times in stock. They were 2 of the engine mounts, and the outboard axle nuts.

Thanks for that update on nsx shop. I've always had good experiences when I've ordered from them.

Just as an FYI, I placed an order with OEMAcuraParts, and there were a few things on national backorder with unknown times in stock. They were 2 of the engine mounts, and the outboard axle nuts.
Possible to cancel that order? We have the engine mounts available

Sent from my SM-N9700 using Tapatalk

Back