• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Deal to get new TE37's?

I'm looking to upgrade my wheels and have little hope in finding the exact fittment/color i want used, so I've decided to buy new. Evasive offers a military discount and can order a set for roughly 3300-3400 (with special color option, no cetercaps). Anyone know of anywhere cheaper? I really appreciate any reccomendations.

17x8.5 +30
18x9.5 +12

Titanium Gunmetal

That's really not a bad price - I was fortunate enough to pick up a used set (different offsets than you've specified) for a reasonable price, but maybe call around to the most common Rays/Volk dealers? One would imagine that a company that orders larger amounts of wheels from them would get better pricing than one who doesn't. Maybe they can pass some of that savings on to you?

That really is a great price, and I don't mind buying simple things from dali but for a purchase of this caliber I'd rather not risk it.

Yeah, I mean that's more of a "reference" but again his prices are dirt old sometimes.

I probably would be hesitant of purchasing something of that caliber but I'd also just say protect yourself with paypal credit card, and also talking to their new representative because who knows.

But then again who knows if there really is a new representative...

I spoke with Hugh at Evasive (he also owns an NSX :)) and to make the burden easier you can put half down up front and they can order the wheels, then over the course of 3-4 months of shipping the other half can be payed. Also Evasive's prices include free shipping to the lower 48. This may be the route I'm going.

There ya go! I ordered a set of Rays lugnuts from them yesterday for my wheels :)

Do the rays lug nuts have swivel washers?

I'd recommend getting any lug nut with a swivel washer over the normal ones being that.
1. With a swivel washer you can get a true torque reading since there's less friction since the washer stays against the wheel hole
2. You won't worry about chipping later down the road because of you torquing down your lug nuts consistently. Without the swivel head the lug nut turns and the friction will eat away at the paint.

Just worth mentioning since you're spending a good deal on new wheels. I prefer the Gorilla ones since they're inexpensive and come in chrome or black, or one day I'll upgrade to the open lug project k40 neochromes... Regardless of what it is, a swivel washer lug nut I always recommend a swivel head lug for NEW wheels. Old wheels it's ok since the previous owner probably didn't use them and it's already a done deal.

Good advice, ill def go that route since the black won't match the grey

Its a bit off topic but have you guys had issues with aluminium lug nuts? I had a set from work and they galled on the studs, ruining 4 of them and they were over $200 a set. After some research I found out you are supposed to lubricate aluminum lugs so they won't gall but that made it harder to get an accurate torque reading.

Talked to Hugh today on ordering a set, and as of now they have discontinued making normal TE's in 17" sizes :(. I'll have to possibly try to source the fronts I need and that might be difficult....

Talked to Hugh today on ordering a set, and as of now they have discontinued making normal TE's in 17" sizes :(. I'll have to possibly try to source the fronts I need and that might be difficult....

I still have my full 17/18 set but if you want just the fronts ill separate. 17x8 40mm I believe

I recieved a call from Evasive last week that said the Rays lugs were on backorder, however the EVS (Their brand) was in stock and are made for them by Rays. I wanted steel lugs, because I have seen several times (drag racing) them strip or gall and then it's a nightmare. Especially when it happens during a track event on extended studs.

I went with the EVS tuning ones as they're essentially the same thing, and did end up being substantially cheaper. Down the road, when I get bored with them, I'll probably end up going with some Kics or something of that nature. Who knows.

I looked long and hard at the lugnuts with spinning seats, but for the price of the Rays ones (almost $400) and the fact that I saw bad reviews on them specifically, I avoided those. The Project Kics seemed like everyone had, and when I saw evasive had the steel Rays I was all over it, because I didn't want aluminum. I'll post some pics when the EVS lugs show up (should be tomorrow afternoon) and let you guys know my initial impression.

edit: What size/width/offset are the rears nsxot1c?

Last edited:
Gorilla makes spinning seated locking lug nuts that are steel and spine drive. Think I paid like $60 or something from amazon. No need to spend a lot on project kics but for a proper design all you need is what I already recommend to not mess up your wheels.

I spoke with Hugh at Evasive (he also owns an NSX :)) and to make the burden easier you can put half down up front and they can order the wheels, then over the course of 3-4 months of shipping the other half can be payed. Also Evasive's prices include free shipping to the lower 48. This may be the route I'm going.

Ky,

If you haven't order it, I am also a dealer for Volk, Grams Lights, Work, Weds, Enkei, VIP Modular, SSR, and more.. PM me the best price you've found shipped and I'll see if I can beat it. Thanks! :biggrin:

Mark @ PRIDE

Last edited:
Hey,

I have 17x7.5 +40 (Bronze) / 18x9.5 +40 TE SL(dark gunmetal). I know sizes aren't exactly what you want, but they are true with no bends or damage. Some of the paint on the faces are scratched or chipped but I will have them powder coated to a color of your choice. We can work the price with that.

PM if interested

Wish I had seen your post before Mark, the route I went was to go with the TE37SL's through evasive, they work close with a company that does powdercoating as well (to include the wheels for their race cars). This more or less works out because the SL's were actually cheaper than normal TE's (by ~$100 ea.) and the powdercoating was $75 a wheel. The wheels + 5% military discount + shipping & powdercoating cost $3380 out the door.

Wish I had seen your post before Mark, the route I went was to go with the TE37SL's through evasive, they work close with a company that does powdercoating as well (to include the wheels for their race cars). This more or less works out because the SL's were actually cheaper than normal TE's (by ~$100 ea.) and the powdercoating was $75 a wheel. The wheels + 5% military discount + shipping & powdercoating cost $3380 out the door.

No problem Ky, post pictures when you receive them. :wink:

Mark @ PRIDE

Back