• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Laptop???

If you're looking for something to use daily, I'd recommed checking out PCTorque, and grab a Sager notebook.

My notebook specs from a few months ago :
full size keyboard
17" screen
P4 3.4 CPu, gig ram, 2 80Gb hard drives
cd/dvd and burner
all the connectors and gizmos. :)

Ran me under $2800, and I've been quite happy with it. Can run Photoshop just fine, office apps, games (ATI Mobility 9700) etc. I'm sure there's a newer version out now that's got even better specs.

The laptops from Sager are high quality and low price - you just don't get a Dell badge on them. AFAIK, the only major company selling laptops that makes them themselves is IBM.

If you're not a PC guy, .. the Apple notebooks are great! (wish I can get one for christmas .. :biggrin: ). But if you want to stick with PC-s, I've been very happy and will highly recommend IBM ThinkPads (Although it won't be IBM-s any longer .. ). The T series is the best compromise between performance and weight, IMHO.

Good luck!

Chalk up another Thinkpad T-Series happy camper.

fairly small and lightweight, with decent battery life. Will spend a lot of time with work, some personal. As primary work machine, needs good memory/hard drive. Currently been using hp compaq nc 4000.

Back