• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

best way to take car and polish black NSX?

i got a black nsx, and you can always see the swirls and everything.. any really good polishes to make it super shiny and no swirls?

i got a black nsx, and you can always see the swirls and everything.. any really good polishes to make it super shiny and no swirls?

Do you have a buffer or something??

Polishing by hand may get you very minimal results, but it will take you all day and more.

There are lots of good products out there, I like Menzerna.
Try Menzerna product line, do your homework though.

Josh

Honda black = rotary, porter cable and even wet sanding certain spots. :-0

get to know a good detailer in your area otherswise you will need to get these for a DIY:

porter cable
pads
compounds
patience

I've worked on many finishes as prof. detailer and the porter cable does not necessarily rid swirls that easy or with numerous passes. Please be aware that if the swirls are deep you may not have any success of ridding them, but rather "hiding" them temporarily :-) If that's the case, then I suggest you seek a detailer in your area.

I'll put my Zaino hat on for a moment and recommend a product of theirs that I recently tried: Zaino PC-Fusion. My black 91 was suffering from a case of swirls, so I decided with a recent Zaino order to give the Z-PC a try.

I set up my 1000 watt halogen lights in the garage and couldn't believe how bad the finish looked. Swirls everywhere. Could be due to my wash mitt, perhaps my aging cotton towels, who knows? I applied the Z-PC by hand according to their instructions (you can also use a Porter Cable), and amazingly, the Z-PC did an excellent job of removing the majority of swirls.

Afterwards I applied a few layers of Z-2 and Z-5 and am back to my standard application procedure for Zaino. I've also invested in some quality micro fiber towels to help minimize future swirling.

I'm quite pleased with the results and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product. It's not something you'll use often but for my 91 it did the trick.

Sorry, haven't taken any pictures recently so I don't have any before/after photos.

Back