• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein and HR spring setup

I need some info on the setup ,i already have HR spring and oem shocks.I am going to install bilstein,since my car is already low i was wondering should i use lower or upper perch.

Thanks
Ashik

I need some info on the setup ,i already have HR spring and oem shocks.I am going to install bilstein,since my car is already low i was wondering should i use lower or upper perch.

Thanks
Ashik

Upper, otherwise you would have the drop of the springs, 1.5" plus the drop of the lower perch, .875", which equals 2.375" you'd be nearly on the ground:wink:

h&r's on the upper perch are about as low as you want to go...because of rear alignment issues with camber.

If you are going to use the lower perch you might as well just leave the springs off alltogether and save the weight, because they are not going to be holding the car up anyway.:smile:

You could always try the lower perch first. It isn't THAT low. And it'll still ride quite smoothly. You'll have the usual problems like reduced ground clearance and increased tire wear, but if you were trying to avoid these problems you wouldn't have lowered your car in the first place.

It comes down to personal preference. :)

Back