• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein shocks with Zanardi springs

I've seen many posts on this subject and thought I would share my own set-up.
My wheels are CE 28N's in 17*8 and 18*9.5, the tires on the car currently are Toyo R 888's in 235/40*17 and 265/35*18.
The Bilstein shocks are on the highest setting at the rear and on an intermediate setting 8 mm above the lowest on the front.
To do so, I had a slot machined in the Bilstein shocks.
The car has a slight nose down attitude that I like.
Here's what it looks like:

DSCF6280_zpsxcwwjfcr.jpg

DSCF6281_zpsb7wpw3ha.jpg

DSCF6283_zpsxdj1gvs4.jpg

Hmmm.... interesting. How is the ride?

Hmmm.... interesting. How is the ride?

It's stiff but not harsh.
As I have more than average negative camber upfront, the car tends to follow the road irregularities but on track I can follow the previous generation GT3's
I've ordered some Pirelli P Zero corsa tires to get a safer combination for the rainy days...

I too have Zanardi springs with Bilstiens. I have the rear shocks set on lower perch and front shocks set the higher perch. Currently, the car sits level. If I put the front shocks on lower perch, I'm afraid the tires will rub on tight corners at the race track. I may consider having an intermediate slot cut to lower the front just a little more. Sorry, I dont have any pics at the moment.

Back