• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black '91 for sale in Mississauga

Someone buy it, strip it down and race it!

I went and saw it - pretty beat up!

- The wings west kit is butchered -Needs a full repaint.
- Aftermarket stereo doesn't work properly
- The aftermarket amps and wires are just rolling around in the rear trunk
- The shocks that hold up the rear grass don't work
- The clutch is slipping badly! Seller says it just needs adjustment.
- It's leaking something from the engine. The garage floor was covered in oil. Seller says its clutch fluid.
- The car has not been on the road since last year. It has a temp permit now.
- He's selling it AS IS.
- Side wall gouge on the rear left tire won't pass safety.

That's all I can think of right now. Over-all, the car is a 4 out of 10 in my opinion. Yes its a 91 and things wear, but it needs some major TLC. You know when you go to see a car and you get a bad feeling? well this was one of those cars. I suppose if you picked it up cheap, you could put 10g's in it and bring it back to an acceptable condition....

Last edited:
Cody @Lovefab was looking for a beater NSX to work on, too bad he's already found one...can you imagine an already cdn-vinned nsx getting the Lovefab treatment?! :cool:

I believe this car is now sold anyone on here the new owner?

haha I love it, with all that is said negative about this particular car,
it never fails to amaze me that an NSX will be sold soon after a "for sale" sign goes up... what an investment eh?

haha I love it, with all that is said negative about this particular car,
it never fails to amaze me that an NSX will be sold soon after a "for sale" sign goes up... what an investment eh?

Yeppers what an investment... a buddy of mine was very interested in it took it out for a test drive had the car for an hour, would be a nice fixer-up-er for someone. He siad it drove fine but needed some TLC. I was going to go look at it for him Sun eve but I was told it sold a few hours after my buddy took it out. That didn't take long at all... congrats to the new owner if your on here chime in? :smile:

Still available folks.....I hate rumors!

Really... is this the same 91 Black with 150k in Oakville for sale? He is located close to Acura of Oakville from what I understand?

Dear NSXcessive:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BeeoTCH!

Love,
John
:tongue:

Dear NSXcessive:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BeeoTCH!

Love,
John
:tongue:

Thanks John! ... I'm a day older today :cool:

BTW Checked with the owner car in Oakville is pretty much sold dude... someone put a down payment on her Sun.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Richie and if you're feeling a day older just add more boost, you will be fine.:tongue:

Haha... I got a chance to drive her around yesterday on my bday... I'm happy with the supercharger boost right now :biggrin:

A buddy of a buddy of mine bought this vehicle and it indeed has all the problems aforementioned. The paint was in terrible condition, the rear left fender was replaced at one point and some bondo on the right rear fender. There was over spray of paint/clear coat all over the car, tree wax and scratches everywhere. The audio has now been basically fixed, the clutch still chatters and barely grabs, and the interior is in very poor condition still. But all these things will be taken care of eventually (I think).

My buddy is in the midst of doing some cosmetic repairs, so he hired me as I'm an avid detailer to see what I could do about the horrible paint. So I decided to give this NSX a detail because I love NSX's and I hate to see the car in the state it was in, and wanted to make some cash.

Here is what it looks like now after I spent 5 + hours on it. I'm sure the member above can contest to how poorly it looked before. This is what I did to it. I didn't take any pics of before detail though, I should have...

2 bucket car wash
the most clay bar-ing i've ever done (Megiures claybar)
1 stage abrasive compound (Menzerna)
1 stage fine compound (Menzerna)
1 glaze wax (RMG)
1 sealant carnuba wax (Liquid Souveran)

4953052900_ec581a7bef_b.jpg

4953053026_b594284c02_b.jpg

It's funny because apparently the previous owner said he was selling it so cheap because the paint was terrible and that it would have needed a full paint job. Amazing what a good detail can do eh! I now want an NSX even more than before, even with the very limited seat time I had with it.

Last edited:
The car looks terrific, great job of cleaning it up. With some TLC, this car will return to form soon enough. We look forward to more updates/pics.

Also, please introduce the new owner to the community and join our club (NSXCC - NSC Club of Canada). We are always looking for new members to share our passion for the car. We organize events regularly with dinner meets, group drives, tech sessions, cruises, etc.

If you are looking for a car yourself, there is no better way to start your search by joining NSXCC and learn about the car from all the locals. You will also enjoy membership discounts and benefits from our sponsors. It will also be easier to find a car with documented history that is well care for by the community. We are having another event in two weeks, so keep an eye out on the NSXCC members page and sign up.

Hope to see you at our next event.

Last edited:
He needed it in a pinch, I didn't have much time to detail it. It was spread out over 2 days because I didn't have time to do it all at once. So no I didn't take before pics. However my buddy took before pics even though they are not close ups, if you really want an idea of what it looked like...

Joy2Drive: Thanks for the warm welcome and information. I believe the owner doesn't reside in Ontario and is out west, I only know of the person it's a friends friend sort of deal.

Bram: Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow - Amazing! Has the front bumper been repainted? That was about the worst spot on the car....

Congrats to the new owner....no disrespect re: my original observations. Was just informing the NSX community...

I'm sure that car will be tip top in no time.

I think I'm qualified to comment on this car :)

I was originally going to buy it last year. The seller was desperate to get out of it and I threw out a low ball of $18 or $19k *Can't quite remember sorry.
He was super happy at that price. He just wanted it gone. I hummed and hawed even though it was an amazing price I'm picky and it just wasn't what I wanted. I've been dreaming about owning an NSX since around 1995 and you don't want to marry the wrong girl. I actually paid a buddy of mine who is a Honda mechanic (and a very good one btw) to go to Toronto and check it over. He had it up on a hoist and picked apart for hours. When he called me he said "Dude, you have to buy this car it's absolutely awesome. It just needs some paint."

It really did have an impressive mod list.
Brembo brakes, DC Headers, Comptech exhaust, Staggered SSR rims, and suspension parts... I can't recall now if the suspension was Tein or what it was specifically.

Anyway, I did pass on the deal because I felt that I am serious enough about owning the right car that price is not an object and patience is a virtue. My friend James swooped in and bought the car originally as an investment to fix up and resell but now I think he's caught the bug and fell in love with it.

The car is VERY nice regardless of mileage and has far more potential than just being a track car or whatever.

Back