• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blockbuster Stock

Would you buy Blockbuster stock now after chapter 11? If it goes from .04 cents to .05 cents, that would be a 25% return on your money....It could be a quick money maker.....you penny stock day traders please chime in....my wife has 22k from a family deal to invest and I thought this may be a no brainer.....:smile:

Not to be flip, but a one cent move to .03 is just as violent. Unless you or your wife are traders, I would caution putting money into any business unless you've done your due diligence on the underlying business itself and arrived at a favorable opinion of its current & future prospects. In general, penny stocks are penny stocks for a reason.

exactly if you wanna play the penny stock game you have to do so with money you can painlessly lose....my two penny plays ended in the stock pfft...going away, race and koop, back in the day that was the tech bubble but still....If you think blockbuster has a chance after restructure and can compete or be bought then give it a whirl...

Lol I have'nt studied the financials..but they have so much dead weight in thier stores,I mean back in the day there were lines to rent movies,now crickets chirping...so if they can cut loose enough stores and only keep the ones in markets where you have enough foot trafic...who knows:rolleyes:

Have you heard about Google TV and Apple TV?

I had the same idea when circuit city went down. Guess how that worked out :wink:

Professional traders aren't legally allowed to even trade penny stocks. Nobody without inside information (again, illegal) makes money consistently gambling with penny stocks (note, gambling, not investing).

exactly if you wanna play the penny stock game you have to do so with money you can painlessly lose....my two penny plays ended in the stock pfft...going away, race and koop, back in the day that was the tech bubble but still....If you think blockbuster has a chance after restructure and can compete or be bought then give it a whirl...

I trade penny's and Doc is right. It is a very volatile market. You have to trade with penny's money that you are willing to lose.

That being said, you can make A LOT of money in penny's (and I have), however, you can lose just as much (and I have). Penny's are great for day trading and building quick wealth. There aren't very many, however, that I would stay in long term.

A good place to trade penny's with minimal fees is ChoiceTrade.

+1. Their business model is DEAD. They don't have a chance unless they can somehow reincarnate themshelves into netflix or Google TV!

But hey - put $1K into it and see.. People were laughing at me when I bought BP for $27.50.:wink:

there are still large populations of people who don't have high speed internet...and lots of older folk who are resistant to change,,therefore having a point of service store like the buster can make sense in certain markets..just not on every street corner...thier rent dept service alone has been a huge drag...

+1. Their business model is DEAD. They don't have a chance unless they can somehow reincarnate themshelves into netflix or Google TV!

But hey - put $1K into it and see.. People were laughing at me when I bought BP for $27.50.:wink:

uggghhh. My broker talked me out of BP (at 27ish as well) and Tesla. :mad:

Over a decade ago, bought some Worldcom stock when it dropped to around 6 cents a share after their debacle. Within that first week or two, it shot up to 25 cents, then slowly dropped its way back down. Sold it at about 12 cents or so. Worked out in that case, but it was a gamble and it was short term.

No, but I would def. buy netflix. They are the reason blockbuster is going chapter 11. Check out thier stock nflx.

No, but I would def. buy netflix. They are the reason blockbuster is going chapter 11. Check out thier stock nflx.

I think netflix is overpriced, it went up because blockbuster went down....I dont like blockbuster, just thought it would make a quick buck....Redbox for a dollar a night works for me.......

Another stock to ponder if its public is QT gas station...damn they are popping up everywhere here in Texas...:eek:

the problem with penny stocks is the volume required to make a sizeable profit- many times you cannot sell/buy it quickly enaugh or with enaugh volume. also, these days the computer softwares react much faster than you can so their trades will affect the price before you have a chance to do something about it.

there are still large populations of people who don't have high speed internet...and lots of older folk who are resistant to change,,therefore having a point of service store like the buster can make sense in certain markets..just not on every street corner...thier rent dept service alone has been a huge drag...

Yeah I think they could make a go at it if they sold a franchise to little mom and pop gas stations in tiny towns. The stock however will go to zero. Redbox is the next to go down, then the cable companies. Google TV and Apple TV will rule this space. IMO Apple will rule just about everything in 20 years.

Back