Blue/Tan NSX auto??

I have a friend who is looking for a Blue/Tan NSX with an automatic transmission.

Judging from the production numbers on this site, it looks like there are very very few around. The production numbers stop at 98 on this site. Anyone know how many were made in 99-01? Or where to find one?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Your friend is looking for a color combination that constituted 7 percent of sales, and a transmission that constituted about 7 percent of sales. The chances of finding BOTH of these in the same car are infinitesimal. There was one such car produced in 1998 and it's doubtful that the numbers produced since then would be more than one car per year. Finding one of these cars would be like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack... (although I may be able to help, and will private you).

Unless my private e-mail idea works out, your friend needs to broaden his criteria - either by considering other colors, or considering a manual transmission.

Do they still make this combo new? Special order? If so, how long does that take?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Thanks for your help nsxtasy!

------------------

I know of a `97 Monte Carlo Blue -T /black/auto on the market locally. It's a 2 owner car and looks clean. I've met the original owner at a meet and I think the car was well cared for. The 2nd owner did heavy mods which include wheels, body kit & comptech. It was recently traded for a SC300 at the local Lexus dealer and is sitting on their lot. Let me know if I can help.

ts
`92 NSX Red/Black

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Your friend is looking for a color combination that constituted 7 percent of sales, and a transmission that constituted about 7 percent of sales. The chances of finding BOTH of these in the same car are infinitesimal. There was one such car produced in 1998 and it's doubtful that the numbers produced since then would be more than one car per year. Finding one of these cars would be like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack... (although I may be able to help, and will private you).

Unless my private e-mail idea works out, your friend needs to broaden his criteria - either by considering other colors, or considering a manual transmission.

I believe I saw this combination in Las Vegas about 2 years ago, 98T. I've never heard about or have seen one since. The car wasn't for sale at the time. It was the combination I was looking for but after several months of looking I gave up.

Do they still make this combo new? Special order? If so, how long does that take?

As an NSX-T, it's not theoretically considered a special order (unlike the coupes). Acura HQ's folks say that they have NSX-T's on the dock in any color/tranny combination you would want and they can be delivered in a week.

As a practical matter, I know some dealers have not been able to get even more common NSX-T combinations quickly (or even at all). And given the unusual nature of this combination, it's chancey. If your friend is willing to buy a new one, he should discuss with his local dealer. The dealer should be able to check on stock at dealers nationwide, as well as check with HQ regarding what's on the dock.

Your friend should also be aware that the blue used in '97-99 (Monte Carlo Blue Pearl) is not the same as the blue used in '00-01 (Monaco Blue Pearl). The former is a deep, true blue - fairly dark, but not so dark as to be confused with black. The latter is a brighter, purplish blue - about as bright as royal blue, but with some purple mixed in.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 01 August 2001).]

Hey Dave,
The car you are looking for is here in So. Fla. Doc Lane's Dad has THE 97 Blue/Tan Auto with VERY low miles on it. It sits in the garage always. There are pics of it on my site in the Friend's Toys section. Beautiful car!

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Yep! Todd is indeed right.

My father has a 1997 Monte Carlo Blue/Tan/Autoshift with ~19k on the odometer and the car is pristine.

Unfortunately he has no intentions of selling it anytime soon.

The car you are looking for is here in So. Fla. Doc Lane's Dad has THE 97 Blue/Tan Auto with VERY low miles on it.

There are two '97 blue/tan automatics and the other one is in New Jersey.

NetViper......

I told my father that someone is looking for his exact car and now he's willing to sell it. There's only one problem! Now that he know's it is very rare it'll take a good chunk of $$$$ to get out of his garage.

[This message has been edited by Dr.Lane (edited 02 August 2001).]

I saw a blue/tan auto tranny NSX in downtown Los Gatos, CA about two weeks ago.

The license plate said "NSX 2K" so I am assuming it's a 2000 model.

It looked gorgeous... !

That one on your site sure is gorgeous todd!! I am so ready for my own NSX!

------------------

Back