• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bombing in Boston, WTF?

Someone just tried to send RICIN to washington....

stuff if getting out of hand

I don't think April 15th (as far as it being tax day) has much to do with it. I know the marathon is a high value target and pretty easy to hit but if you wanted to send an anti government/anti tax message wouldn't you hit an IRS building or some other government institution?

Investigators combing through the scene of the deadly Boston Marathon terrorist attack have recovered a circuit board that they believe was used to detonate the bombs, according to an official briefed on the investigation.

Investigators have also recovered components of the bombs, enabling them to determine that they consisted of two 6-liter pressure cookers packed with nails, ball bearings, and other metal. The makeshift bombs were placed in black duffel bags, the official said.

Anyone know if these components are consistent with any known terrorist groups?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...n-continues/qTROe6L0b98qRl9W7dnWiJ/story.html

There has to be some kind of video footage of the people carrying the black duffle bags. I thought that in this day and age, leaving a bag unattended somewhere would lead to a quick alarm.

Hope they catch them soon.

Last edited:

The entire law-abiding Muslim world is hoping that the people behind this are not radical Muslims, in fear of the retribution that is to come from such a revelation.

The article has a point: if the person or group behind it is White, there will be no racial/national profiling or retribution to result from it. It will be chalked up to a few crazies (which is what should happen whatever the racial/cultural group is, but we know won't be if it is anything but White). This speaks a much deeper issue about our media biases and the systemic racism in our country.

Example: School shootings, almost always usually perpetrated by disgruntled White kids. Result: No racism towards White kids in the aftermath. I don't think one White teenager has ever been racially profiled, illegally searched, monitored, or put on a watch-list as a result of those terrorist attacks.

However, if any terrorist attack results from someone that is not White, that group will be targeted for years to come. It doesn't matter what race they are. If they turned out to be North Korean, everyone of Asian decent would suffer.

They may not have used the most tactful phrasing in the headline, but the article has a point.

We all know the name Timothy McVeigh, as a lone-wolf, stand-alone crazy. But we don't always associate his name with the term "terrorism" even though that is precisely what and who he is/was. If he belonged to any other non-White group, that entire group would have been labeled for years to come after his acts.

And since you mentioned the Ricin, I found this pretty interesting:

McVeigh wrote letters to local newspapers complaining about taxes:
Taxes are a joke. Regardless of what a political candidate "promises," they will increase. More taxes are always the answer to government mismanagement. They mess up. We suffer. Taxes are reaching cataclysmic levels, with no slowdown in sight. [...] Is a Civil War Imminent? Do we have to shed blood to reform the current system? I hope it doesn't come to that. But it might.[19]
McVeigh also wrote to Representative John J. LaFalce ((D) New York)[citation needed], complaining about the arrest of a woman for carrying mace:
It is a lie if we tell ourselves that the police can protect us everywhere at all times. Firearms restrictions are bad enough, but now a woman can't even carry Mace in her purse?

My point being that there is one type of person that writes to a Congressperson, and they are usually people like McVeigh/Kaczynski. I can't even help but think that they were influenced by Breaking Bad this time around, which should shed some light on their background demographic.

Anyways, I think what is important is to focus on helping those that have suffered, and focusing on moving for a better future for all of us--peacefully. None of my opinions mean to focus anything towards any group, but to keep in mind that if people do so, they are only perpetuating the hate from this tragedy. My goal is to draw hate away from any one group, and direct it towards helping one another.

And whoever was behind it, I hope they are brought to justice soon!

Last edited:

Yea, unfortunately, it does. Sad, eh?

The entire law-abiding Muslim world is hoping that the people behind this are not radical Muslims, in fear of the retribution that is to come from such a revelation.

The article has a point: if the person or group behind it is White, there will be no racial/national profiling or retribution to result from it. It will be chalked up to a few crazies (which is what should happen whatever the racial/cultural group is, but we know won't be if it is anything but White). This speaks a much deeper issue about our media biases and the systemic racism in our country.

Example: School shootings, almost always usually perpetrated by disgruntled White kids. Result: No racism towards White kids in the aftermath. I don't think one White teenager has ever been racially profiled, illegally searched, monitored, or put on a watch-list as a result of those terrorist attacks.

However, if any terrorist attack results from someone that is not White, that group will be targeted for years to come. It doesn't matter what race they are. If they turned out to be North Korean, everyone of Asian decent would suffer.

They may not have used the most tactful phrasing in the headline, but the article has a point.

We all know the name Timothy McVeigh, as a lone-wolf, stand-alone crazy. But we don't always associate his name with the term "terrorism" even though that is precisely what and who he is/was. If he belonged to any other non-White group, that entire group would have been labeled for years to come after his acts.

And since you mentioned the Ricin, I found this pretty interesting:

My point being that there is one type of person that writes to a Congressperson, and they are usually people like McVeigh/Kaczynski. I can't even help but think that they were influenced by Breaking Bad this time around, which should shed some light on their background demographic.

Anyways, I think what is important is to focus on helping those that have suffered, and focusing on moving for a better future for all of us--peacefully. None of my opinions mean to focus anything towards any group, but to keep in mind that if people do so, they are only perpetuating the hate from this tragedy. My goal is to draw hate away from any one group, and direct it towards helping one another.

And whoever was behind it, I hope they are brought to justice soon!

While I certainly agree with some of your points, I REALLY disagree with other points you attempt to bring forth.

As I see it give it a couple years and who ever perpetuated this act will probably have a good job at colombia university or any other liberal college.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

http://moonbattery.com/?p=27945

Sure seems that way - resume enhancer.

Yes, that was my take within a few hours of the event. April 15th is your biggest clue.[/QUO
Yeah because right wingers are notorious for blowing things up like those guys from occupy wall street who tried to blow up a bridge or bernaden dorn or bill ayers or some of our presidents other friends, not to mention All those failed attempts at bombings by middle eastern right winger tea party types or that cop who shot a buncha people after leaving a manifesto dedicated and praising a bunch of right winger tea party types on tv.......oh wait that's right those where all liberals, my bad.

lots of premature news leaks/cancelled conferences..now these pics....could be to flush them out.

I don't think April 15th (as far as it being tax day) has much to do with it. I know the marathon is a high value target and pretty easy to hit but if you wanted to send an anti government/anti tax message wouldn't you hit an IRS building or some other government institution?

You would think so, but remember Rudolf put a bomb at Atlanta Olympics 1996. These terrorists have crazy ideas and just want to make the statement.

- - - Updated - - -

lots of premature news leaks/cancelled conferences..now these pics....could be to flush them out.

I agree. That guy might had carried the backpack in front of him. Look at his arms

Last edited:
well those guys in the pics can pass for only a couple races. dont wanna name names.

Last edited:
KSX: There was some good detective work on reddit, and most reasonable people had already discounted these two individuals as well as blue robe guy after spending many hours analyzing the photos. These two had been at the bombing spot hours earlier, but had arrived even before the race started and it was clear they were there to watch the race. There was nothing to indicate that they were around the time the bombs went off. Similarly there's no way that blue robe guy was holding a bag that had any kind of substantial weight.

Way too much racial profiling going on IMO though. "Look, in this one picture he's alone, he's brown and he's looking in the other direction than the rest of the crowd". REALLY?

Seriously??? The internets and a bunch of forum jockeys have better investigative skills than the FBI and other security agencies??? Why does this not surprise me.

Seriously??? The internets and a bunch of forum jockeys have better investigative skills than the FBI and other security agencies??? Why does this not surprise me.

Throw in a few hundred (or thousand) people poring over hundreds of photographs and videos, lots of wanna-be hardy boys, and you're bound to dig up some useful info. Lots of crap too, but they were able to identify these guys as persons of interest and then discount them as most likely harmless hours before authorities discussed these two as POI. Not only that, but they were able to find their FB profiles and identify them by name. The authorities have access to more information (cellphone records, surveillance videos etc) that are not available to the general public, but crowd sourcing is not a bad way to look into potential leads.

LOL... thank god for laws or else some poor guy out to watch the marathon would have been lynched already.

.......hey don't forget nancy drew...

LMAO... "Internet investigators arrest two FBI agents after their detective work"

Back