• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Borla Exhaust System 91-94 NSX 3.0L V6 140019

SCAM! Borla has not produced exhaust for NSX's since 2004. A quick call to the sales department (a personal friend) shows the fixture they use for manufacturing them was destroyed when I stopped selling them (I already knew this but wanted to confirm it). Someone did their homework, since they do have the correct part number and it does come up on Borlas search page showing it being currently not available. Shipping is $9.00 and no pics?

7800+ eBay sales, a rating of 98.6% positive and he wants to risk that reputation by scamming NSX owners? I think not. Has to be an explanation, but from the surface it doesn't look like a typical eBay scam.

Call Borla @ (805)986-8600 and see if they have that part number available. They sold all they made to/for me and only built them in batches of 10-15 at a time. I couldn't get them to continue making them no matter how many units I ordered, believe me, I tried :redface:

When I typed this on google, I found a few other websites that are selling this. I suppose I can order it on my amex and if anything goes wrong then you can always reverse :biggrin:

I spoke with borla customer service. They told me that they sold these out and the last batch was in 2005. He also mentioned that its very possible for dealers to still have these.

I just call the 1 800 # listed on ebay ad. and ask if the item was in stock. I got a lady asking for my ebay user name. phone# . and when I ask why she wanted so much info when all I wanted was to check availablity. she abrutly said"they will call you back!" Sounds fishy! Beware. :eek: :eek:

I also did that...I gave her my info and am waiting to hear back. Ive also emailed them for pictures. I would definetly like to see an exhaust made by a major manufacturer for 400 bux...In the market where everyone wants grand plus for a canister and a few pipes, I'll take my chances. Dont get me wrong, I know its R&D and small time manufacturers can't afford to do that but if borla can then all these big timers can aswell...

Sidra said:
I spoke with borla customer service. They told me that they sold these out and the last batch was in 2005. He also mentioned that its very possible for dealers to still have these.

The only dealer that stocked these was Science of Speed, since all the units Borla produced were sent there. Believe me, I would have loved to have these produced in the 100's. It took a great deal of work to get to them to even make them, let alone produce hundreds of them. The exhaust that was produced was my private label and was not available to the general public. Similar to Borla making exhaust for TRD. Private label means exactly that, private and exclusively sold only thru Science of Speed and a few to me :biggrin:

Is there any information about the dicontinued Borla system? Is there something wrong with it? Is it menradl bent are the pipes extreamly small? How could the price be so low unless it was price dropped for not being sold for a couple years.

Back