• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Both air conditioner condenser fans not working

Car cools fine when moving, stopped, cooling is diminished, checked the condenser fans neither were running, fuses and relay OK, need help from here guys

The test for the condenser fans is on page 22-52 of the 1991 service manual which can be found in the wiki.

Mike

The manual says to disconnect the 2-p connector to the condenser fan, but does not show where the connector is, can anyone shed some light on it's location?

you need to pull the fender liner down a little in the front and its right above the fan.

I find it odd that "both" went bad at the same time. Unplug them and run 12 volts to each to test. You can use a battery jumper for this test.

This has been discussed to death. SEARCH.
"Don't replace the crankshaft if it only needs an air filter".
Check the fuses.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
Turns out both fans were bad, I was able to replace both of them without having to evacuate the sealed system, everything is back to normal and it works better than ever,
Didn't realize that asking some simple advise instead of doing a search was so irratiting to some people, and they just have a need to express their self righteous pomposity, Sorry to have wasted your valuable reading time.

I'm constantly trying to improve the usefulness and information in the Wiki so I'm curious to know whether you went to it to help you diagnose the problem. In the "Troubleshooting/Repairing Your NSX" section of the Wiki, there is a section called "Climate Control" which deals with a number of A/C issues and within that there is a couple of paragraphs under "Blown Fuses / Bad Cooling Fans (not vent fans)" with the Symptom: The AC works fine when the car is moving but not at low speeds or idle... which seems to be similar to your original situation.

Now, we don't have much in the way of "what to do if one or both of the fans are shot". You don't really say what you did to fix it. I know from experience that you can replace a fan without taking the bumper cover off but it takes some perseverence. If you let us know what you did, I will update the Wiki material.

Tks

Turns out both fans were bad, I was able to replace both of them without having to evacuate the sealed system, everything is back to normal and it works better than ever,
Didn't realize that asking some simple advise instead of doing a search was so irratiting to some people, and they just have a need to express their self righteous pomposity, Sorry to have wasted your valuable reading time.

you have done this 202 times

Couldn't have said it better!

"Didn't realize that asking some simple advise instead of doing a search was so irratiting to some people."

This is the only Forum I have belonged to where members get so snippity over something so silly.

I say:

If you don't like the questions asked in the Post, just don't respond!

If you know where the info link is, share it.

We are all friends enjoying each other's experiences with the cars. No need to be snippity...ever!

Ive been working on cars for many years and having two electric cooling fans fail, wear out, on the same car is outstanding.
Brings to mind the failure of a damper pullley leading to the trashing of NSXTASY's motor. The unexpected and unusual can happen.

Have you taken the two failed motors and jumped them to power, as suggested, to verify they don't work?

Back