• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Pads

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good make of brake pad for the NSX. In the UK they want over £200 ($300) for a set !!

Supplier, name/make of pad, and price would be nice !!!

Thanks,

Depending on the make, $300 isn't TOO bad considering anyone you buy in the states will have to be shipped to you.

I highly recommend the Panther Plus compound from Carbotech here in the states.

It is a combo street/track pad that exhibits very good braking ability at cool and warm temps. It does not score down the rotors like some other pad types, has excellent wear and heat dissipation characteristics, and has only minor dusting for a pad that is targeted at track performance.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Just like Chris said.
Carbotech Panther Plus!!!!
They don't dust and then fuse the dust to your wheels like the Carbon based compounds do.

All Hail Andie Lin and Carbotech brake's.

I know people will think I'm biased, but I've used the RM compound several times before, and the P+ dusts less, but will make more noise unless you use factory shims with Permatex...but the stopping power is greatly improved, especially when cold.

Andie

------------------
andie w lin | vp marketing & product r&d
e: [email protected]
carbotech engineering
www.carbotecheng.com

Originally posted by Taff:
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good make of brake pad for the NSX. In the UK they want over £200 ($300) for a set !!

Supplier, name/make of pad, and price would be nice !!!

Thanks,

Taff,

NSX pads in Panther Plus (aggressive street/track/race) is $136 front and $126 rear (USD). If you would prefer to pay in pounds sterling, we have a European subsidiary in Penrith/Cumbria that you can order from.

Andie

------------------
andie w lin | vp marketing & product r&d
e: [email protected]
carbotech engineering
www.carbotecheng.com

There is another good pad out there too. Porterfield R-4 for the track or the R-4S for the street. That said, the P+ is also a great pad.

Back