• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Brand new "OEM" NSX Clutch kit $585 on ebay.

seller calls it 97-01 ACURA NSX O.E.M. BRAND NEW COMPLETE CLUTCH KIT
Brand-New O.E.M. Clutch Kit from Dist. BOSS New-in-Box

This Clutch Kit Includes: [KHD91603]

Brand-New Hi-Durable NSX O.E.M. Pressure Plate (made in Japan)

Brand-New Hi-Durable NSX O.E.M. Clutch Disc (made in Japan)

Brand-New Hi-Durable NSX O.E.M. T/O Bearing (made in Japan)

Brand-New extra Alignment Tool (made in USA)

i think those are aftermarket items, aren't they????

hi-durable? wtf is that? i wouldn't risk it with the clutch.... too much trouble to replace if something happens.

I looked at the listing. Those are aftermarket parts. They claim "oem" status by virtue of allegedly being made by an unnamed oem manufacturer. If my guess is correct, they are knock-offs made in China, and probably say "O.E.M." or "O.E.M. Brand" right in the casting somewhere.

The seller has great feedback. If you buy one they ship it to you. No telling if it will give trouble or how long it will last....

I sent a message to an S2000 owner asking him about his prior purchase of an "O.E.M. Exedy clutch" from this seller. Here is his response:

"works great. feels brand new again, took me about 10 hours to put the thing
on but wasnt hard just time consuming. supposed to be oem but looks like
the springs on the new disc have been re-designed."

Last edited:
I have oem 91 set for $100 bucks still has miles left on it :biggrin:

That eBay kit does not include the flywheel ($1200 oem part). I would like to see if the stamping marks on the parts match the OEM. It's reasonable to think that Honda doesn't not make them themselves and the company selling them on eBay is the same part from the same outsourced manufacturer. On the other hand, it could be junk :wink:

I have oem 91 set for $100 bucks still has miles left on it :biggrin:

He is looking for a NA2 clutch

I wouldn't chance it, unless you are doing the clutch yourself or have very cheap labor.

if you are looking to change the clutch yourself. you can get away with just changing the friction disks or even using this 'OEM' clutch kit.

I dont believe any reputable shop will install these for you since if they fail due to bad workmanship of the hardware, there are liabilities the shops do not want unless this has been discussed before hand.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten :cool:

Rob:smile:

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten :cool:

so true.
you should also add that everything gets damaged in shipping and you shouldn't buy through the inet anyway :tongue: (j/k, never had a problem, except for the last two things i bought online:frown: )

if you are looking to change the clutch yourself. you can get away with just changing the friction disks or even using this 'OEM' clutch kit.

I dont believe any reputable shop will install these for you since if they fail due to bad workmanship of the hardware, there are liabilities the shops do not want unless this has been discussed before hand.

Rob, i will never be able to do it myself. it will never happen in my life LOL.
i was just fooling on ebay. and saw it. my clutch is still good now. i will get OEM clutch if it worn out.

LOL. acutally, i have a "HORN" button above my leg.i use my left leg to push the "HORN"button LOL .kinda funny. i will get a photo late. i feel it's kinda dumb. but i have nochoice. the stupid steering wheel keep having problem with horn. i am just tired of it.

Back