• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brush fires

Fox news has been running some spots on your large and deadly fires,hope our Australian contigent is safe:confused:

+1... How are you guys doing? Good and safe we all hope.

Thank you for your concern, it seems not long ago the California fires were being discussed here. Where we are (NW of Melbourne) is OK so far but there are still fires in the area and my partner's father in the bush on the NE side had a narrow escape and is very fortunate. Many nearby to him were not so lucky, 130 confirmed dead so far since Saturday.

With temperatures reaching 116F, almost zero rainfall since Christmas, combined with strong, hot changing winds and the fact that some of the fires appear to have been deliberately lit... the firefighters who are taking up that challenge deserve a medal, all of them.

More details can be found on the website of Melbourne's The Age newspaper:
http://www.theage.com.au/

Bloody horrific i grew up in Melbourne had many a fun time in Marysville as a kid and had a car run with morning tea at the local cafe not long ago - all gone now.

My thoughts go out to all who have lost loved ones.

My friends father called yesterday, they lost their house and are now staying at a local oval. The arsonists need be caught and set on fire, no sympathy at all. Forty seven degrees (celsius) in Adelaide the other day, crazy hot. Meanwhile in other areas, towns are flooding! Crazy weather.:redface:

Seen images of the fires, shocking!
People causing this are insane in my opinion, should be charged with murder to state the least.
Are property lossed covered by insurance in case of bushfires?
If not, besides the enormous personal/emotional drama caused by the deaths, lots of personal financial dramas too

Our Prime Minister has said its mass murder and they will be dealt with harshly.

Unfortunately in the area worst hit many did'nt have insurance most are glad they survived but now the enormity of whats happened is now settling in.

Whoever did that I hope thay find them and burn them alive:mad: Another fire started this morning. Unbelivable.

This is Terrorism , I'd take a real good look at the motives behind people doing this . Bring back the death penalty for these morons .
Look at the first pic , Thats an airliner shortly after take off from Melbourne.

747.jpg

fire.jpg

fire1.jpg

Fire2.jpg

Fire3.jpg

fire4.jpg

fire6.jpg

fire7.jpg

koala.jpg

It's very unsettling to see all the picture and news coverage. What made me more angry then upset was the act of some irresponsible individual. Imagine all the losses people have to endure. The world is in a bad state as it is.
Wish everybody well.

Hope everyone is doing well out there.

I've been to Melbourne and I can honestly say I'd move there in a heartbeat (damn immigration!). I can't imagine seeing that beautiful place ablaze.
I remember a few summers back I was there and similar conditions.. it was really hot and then they ended up having the worst flooding ever.

Can't wait to take another trip out there. Would I stand a better chance of citizenship if I offer to import another NSX?? ... better chance of finding the right aussie girl to marry i bet!

Good luck to all you near the fires.
I was in the same fire situation last year in Southern Cali, I woke up at 2 am and the fire had worked its way over the whole hill side and into our housing area community. I had to pack up and move the cars to a safer location a few miles away and came home and loaded up some more in the SUV. Was a very sad day.
Verge of evacuation was close and everyone was outside waiting and some already left for good. By 6 am, the wind died down and the firemen was able to slow the fire down.

Tragedy comes Triumph. Stay strong and be safe.

wow! stopped watching news for many reasons. This is brutal. I was in LA working in woodlandhills area. The ash was all over when I stepped out of work. I could not walk to my hotel. I see same exact picture on TV and through my window. Coverage was happening right on the top of my room. I cannot forget that. People are used to it in LA a little better than I was.

Not sure what to say......

Back