• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buddy Club seat rails...

I was thinking about buying these as well from PASS RACING. I have been waiting a couple months for the SOS rails, and I saw these. $127 is a great price. If you call up Buddy Club direct they want $30.00 more. I have the same concern, I have the Kite Garage nsx-r replica seats, and I would like to know if these will fit my seats? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Frank

I have the rails (not installed yet). I have a set of Status seats to go with them.

I do know they work in the NSX but have heard they are a b!tch to install.

I've had some photo's of the rails emailed to me, they don't look like they have a seatbelt bracket, that's tbc. I'm also waiting for the dimension between the faces of the seat brackets which will be handy. I will post back if I get this info.
On a certain website who shall remain nameless it is stated the width between rails is 508mm (20" to you guys), I don't believe this to be true. My Pole Position seats are 430mm wide. 508mm is coincidentally the total width of their Buddy Club 'Wide' seats.

Just to add some more info, a friend of mine runs the Buddy Club rails with Recaro Pole Positions in his S2000. The rails are the same ones I got.

Yes, I was at the Natomas meet with the black turbo. I have the leather covered Pole Position seats on Buddy Club rails that I picked up at Driving Ambition.
I am very happy with the combo. I gained a couple of inches of head room clearance due to the lower seating position of the Buddy Club rails vs stock. This comes in handy at the track. Keeps my helmet from hitting the top of the roof.

Allen

awesome, i finally got my pole positions installed with the buddy club rails... kind of a pain at first, but doable at the end. wish i was a little bit taller though, the seat doesn't move forward enough for my taste, but is still manageable.

did you have any problems lining the bolt holes up? passenger side bolted up with a little bit of persuasion, but driver side would only let me bolt three out of the four holes. :frown:

Are you running a harness or standard seat belts?
If you are running the standard belts, how did you get on with installing the belt anchor points to the Buddy Club rails?
Any pictures of your install?

I'm running standard belts for now. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures during the install as it was late, cold, and just wanted to get done. However, when I initially looked at how they would mount, I wasn't sure they would work. There are L shaped tabs on the belt receptacles and belt mounts that had to be bent in order to bolt to the seat rails. I'll snap a pic to show you more detail later today.

No problem, I did not need to lengthen the seat belt clasps nor was I able to get them to fit inside the hole. I believe you need an ABE version of the PP in order to fit it through the hole. Here are a few pics of my installed seats.

Passenger side:
IMG00171-20091114-1648.jpg

IMG00169-20091114-1647.jpg

IMG00170-20091114-1648.jpg

Driver side:
IMG00172-20091114-1648.jpg

IMG00173-20091114-1649.jpg

IMG00178-20091114-1656.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.
I was interested in whether the BC rails 'ticked all the boxes' for the NSX owner. Unfortunately, they don't, unless you are using a race harness I suppose. We need a vendor to produce a plug and play rail that utilises the factory belt.

I have actually finished my install since starting this thread but had to modify the BRIDE rails to give me more height and to mount the seatbelt how I wanted.

I did not realise the ABE version of the seat (which I have) was dimensionally different?

Another little finishing touch for your install; http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=5865

Keeps the belt catch neat and handy.

Do you have any pictures of your install?

I initially thought the Buddy Club rails would allow the factory seat belt points to bolt on without modification, but that was not the case. Either way, they are universal, so usually that means a little bit of improvising.:rolleyes:

I installed the Buddy Clubs rails on my passenger side and attemped the drivers side, but gave up after 4 hours. I have to say that these rails are the biggest PITA to mount. They really do not line up with the mounting holes on the floorboard. You have to loosen up all of the bolts and then go back and tighten. I thought that if I mounted the stick shift side first and then bolt down the other I would be able to mount. But, after an hour on the drivers side I gave up and will finish tomorrow. I seriously contemplated taking apart my OEM seats and using the OEM power rail. I am only 5'5" and barely reach the pedals comfortably. Hopefully tomorrow will go better! The seat belt attachment looks exactly like your pic. I was thinking of buying seat belt extenders in order to buckle easier, it is really tight to buckle.

I installed the Buddy Clubs rails on my passenger side and attemped the drivers side, but gave up after 4 hours. I have to say that these rails are the biggest PITA to mount. They really do not line up with the mounting holes on the floorboard. You have to loosen up all of the bolts and then go back and tighten. I thought that if I mounted the stick shift side first and then bolt down the other I would be able to mount. But, after an hour on the drivers side I gave up and will finish tomorrow. I seriously contemplated taking apart my OEM seats and using the OEM power rail. I am only 5'5" and barely reach the pedals comfortably. Hopefully tomorrow will go better! The seat belt attachment looks exactly like your pic. I was thinking of buying seat belt extenders in order to buckle easier, it is really tight to buckle.

I hope your install works out for you. I'm only 5'9" and can reach the pedals, but would have liked more flexibility in sliding farther forward.

I'm going to have to take apart my driver seat and try to re-mount it again also.

Keep us posted on your progress!

No problem Thanh! I may have to swap the passenger and driver seats... I think the passenger seat is a little wider and more comfortable for some reason... I have no idea why that would be the case. :confused:

Got the drivers side installed today, but do not slide very well due to the rails being pushed together. I don't know if my install was wrong but I tried all of the different settings and got the bolts in. I wonder if other rails are this hard? They are basically fixed mounts.

Your seats look great! Wish I would have gotten the ABE version however. Did you have any issues bolting the seats to the floor?

Thanks!

No, the BRIDE rails matched the floor holes. However, to get me extra headroom, I cut the rails and widened them so that the seat fitted between the runners and was as close to the floor as possible.
I'm 6'3" so needed as much headroom I could find.

Back