• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buddy Club seat rails...

Got the drivers side installed today, but do not slide very well due to the rails being pushed together. I don't know if my install was wrong but I tried all of the different settings and got the bolts in. I wonder if other rails are this hard? They are basically fixed mounts.

Mine don't slide well either... i guess that is the drawback to having individual side sliders vs SOS type where they are supported in the middle area. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to re-mount my driver seat.

No problem Thanh! I may have to swap the passenger and driver seats... I think the passenger seat is a little wider and more comfortable for some reason... I have no idea why that would be the case. :confused:

Probably cause I squeezed my fat ass into it. ;) Really nice seats by the way.

Just got mine in and they are a PITA. To safe yourself an excessive amount of cursing, go to the hardware store and pick up 4 hex-cap bolts that are 10mm LONGER than the OEM. Use these to secure the front of the rails. You will also need split-loc washers and oversized flat washers since the OEM bolts have this "all-in-one".

Leave the bolts loose that hold the seat to the rails. Tighten these down last. For those of you who say you can only get 3 / 4 of the driver's side bolts to go in, it IS possible to get all 4 in, you just need a lot of patience.

Pingu, how did you tighten the right side bolts (the ones that bolt the seat to the rails) after bolting the rails to the floor? Isn't the center console in the way? Does your seat slide back and forward easily?

My friend and I ended up fabbing a custom piece of 1/4" steel to secure the last bolt (the one farthest forward on the left side) because there was no way we could secure the seat.

Pingu, how did you tighten the right side bolts (the ones that bolt the seat to the rails) after bolting the rails to the floor? Isn't the center console in the way? Does your seat slide back and forward easily?

My friend and I ended up fabbing a custom piece of 1/4" steel to secure the last bolt (the one farthest forward on the left side) because there was no way we could secure the seat.

My suspicion is that your slider notches were not at the same level when you installed the seat. This would especially make sense if it's difficult to slide back and forward AND since your 4th hole didn't line up (since the grid would be crooked). This happened to me on my first attempt then I ensured both sides of the slider were aligned. My seats on both sides move back and forward with ease. I got a socket will barely fit. If you can't find one that does, get a hold of those close-ended ratcheting box wrenches. Those should do the trick.

Follow my recommendations in my previous post and you should be ok.

EDIT:
Brackets installed but slider is kind of limited. I can drive the car but I prefer my seat be a little closer to the steering wheel. My wife cannot even touch the pedals.. LOL! Are all buddy club rails like this?

Are the bride rails better in terms of forward adjustability?

Thank you

Nim

Last edited:
I installed the Buddy Clubs rails on my passenger side and attemped the drivers side, but gave up after 4 hours. I have to say that these rails are the biggest PITA to mount. They really do not line up with the mounting holes on the floorboard. You have to loosen up all of the bolts and then go back and tighten. I thought that if I mounted the stick shift side first and then bolt down the other I would be able to mount. But, after an hour on the drivers side I gave up and will finish tomorrow. The seat belt attachment looks exactly like your pic. I was thinking of buying seat belt extenders in order to buckle easier, it is really tight to buckle.

I'm going to revive this thread because I had the exact same experience. It took me 8 hours to do both seats, you have to readjust everything many, many times but once you get the "order of operations" down it goes more smoothly. Some notes I took from my install to help out others in the future:

1. Work in a shaded area, taking the targa off definitely helps A LOT. Have a helper.
  2. Put the floormat down right outside the door opening because there is a lot of working on your knees.
  3. Keep all the bolts loose and only tighten the ones you will not be able to reach later such as the ones on the inside rear. You need to tilt the seat forward a lot get the front two bolts for the rails to line up with the car's bc the angles are different. Once you get those two slide the seats forward and do the rears.
  4. Break off the tabs and attach the seat belt and receptacle both to the seat rails before you start tightening the bolts for the rail. You will not be able to do it later if you forget and you will have to take the seat out again.
  5. Be careful not to get the sliders misaligned.
  6. Test fit the seat recline angle and height you want in the car so you know what driving position you like. I wanted more recline in mine but had to settle for less because the steering wheel was in the way.

Reviving this thread because i need help. Im 5'4" and cant reach the pedals at maximum forward on the slider. Slider are a pita to slide forwArd and back. Anyone have pictures of these rails install? Yhe pic in thus thread are kinda dark. Id like to see more clearer pix if how its mounted. The rail that is.. Thanks

You installed the rails incorrectly... They are not sitting evenly if they dont slide easily. Also, I don't think you will be able to use the bc rails, you will need to be able to adjust the rails further forward than they will allow. Try talking to a vendor who has experience installing aftermarket seats, probably SOS since they made their own rails and will be familiar w the design constraints.

Im pretty sure I installed them correctly. The box indicate left and right. I mounted the rails into the car. Mount the seat on top. Made sure evrything line up before tightening down. During this time I have not install the slider handle yet. So out of the box the slider are even on both leg. Then I place the slider handle in slowly so the rail wont misalign. Check over, tighten everything. Slide it up and damn, I had to pull myself using the steering wheel so the seat can slide. Slide max forward and still couldnt reach the pedals..i could if I tip toes it..

I already contact the vendor, waiting for reply.

Which is y I need some pic from anyone who have the rails. I want to see if I messed up installing it. I want to see underneat the seat, how the rail are position. From the side, which goes where.. Ive tried for 3hrs and gave up.

Iwantnsx, I had same problem with buddy club seat rails. With the fixed bucket seat(f1spec typeIII) I(5'5'') can barely reach the clutch pedal. I had to modified it to make it work for me. I think bucket racing seat doesnt have enough cushion to seat you forward like stock seat.

Doc,
How did u modify to make it work? I am considering SOS rails. I emailed them this morning, hope to hear from them soon. Was the slider on yours really stiff to move forward and back aldo??

it slides very smooth. You have to adjust the bracket make sure it parallel. I find it easier to install the seat rail in the car first then bolt the seat on

Thats what I did. Install the rails first, then put the seat on, then tighten down the side mount plate..

Grease the sliders. Have to sit in seat in order to move. I am 5'7'' and at full forward it is a reach. I was wondering if the SOS slide further up?

I dont know. I email them but still waiting for respond. Im hoping it will go forward more..anyone know if the price on their website is for 1 or a pair? $300 for 1 side is kinda expensive..

If they don't slide easily they are not perfectly straight, it was really tough to keep them straight. I put the seats together with the rails first outside the car and then installed them exactly that way. If one side slides even the slightest bit or you try to adjust them without sitting in them it would come out of alignment. But really, you are going to need new rails that slide up farther.

Got an email respond from Chris at SOS. He said that i wont be able to use their rail straight out of the box. I would need custom side mount so that it would get me closer to the pedals. They can make that if anyone need custom to fit. Straight out of the box, even their driver (5'6") had a little trouble, just a little, reaching the pedals comfortably.

I end up using thr buddy club rails after all. Small mod to the rail and i can reach the pedals now.

On the rail for each side, toward the front there are 2 stopper to keep from sliding all the way forward. If u hammer those stoppers flat, u can get the seat to slide forward more. That is wat i did. Still hold fine so far.

How safe? I dont know. I knw that it will still lock into place even with the stopper hammer flat. Just make sure the adjuster bar is push down tight. U will hear a "click" if it is down and lock in place.

Here is what im talking about, had to go get some pics after typing all that. Hard to understand without pics.
2012-02-19003817.jpg

2012-02-19003807.jpg

Good luck

Last edited:
Back