• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Button takes 2nd at Imola

Jenson Button took 2nd at Imola today. Congratulations to him and Honda on a great race. At the start, it really looked like he had a chance to win the race. In the end, Ferrari once again ran away with it. This is really starting to make for a boring year. The only saving grace is the resurgence of Bar/Honda.

At the post race interview, Juan Montoya looked like a 2 year old complaining about how Micheal bumped off the road. The funny thing is he did the same to his own team mate moments later. I'm not impressed with Juan's attitude.

Ditto on the congrats to BAR HONDA and Jenson Button. Given the disparity between Michael S. and Rubens B. for Ferrari and that Button and Honda were able to split them may be a greater indication of Michael's strengh as driver than Ferrari's dominance--even though they are clearly still the total package to beat. Honda's improvement this year, however, is tremendous and is at least creating hope and a bit of concern for a more balanced F1 seaon.:cool:

Now if we can just get Sato to quit blowing up motors.

I'm still trying to figure out how MS got such a big lead after the 1st round of pit stops? I know Button made his 1st stop and Michael stayed out for about four more laps and ripped off some amazing times, but how could that have given him such a huge cushion when he was actually trailing before the pit stops? Traffic maybe? Still doesn't seem possible.

I see. So he took on more fuel than the Ferrari after he came in? Time for a new pit strategy it would seem since he was at least the equal of Schumacher in the beginning.

03RSXTypeS said:
Jenson was carrying about 18 laps of fuel more than Michael. That's a lot of weight.

And it also seemed that JB's second stint tires were not as good as his first set. MS had great tires for the second and third stints. MS gave Jenson some respect and props in the post race interview-that was impressive.

NSX-Ster said:
And it also seemed that JB's second stint tires were not as good as his first set. MS had great tires for the second and third stints. MS gave Jenson some respect and props in the post race interview-that was impressive.

That is what I heard JB mention as well in the interview. He mentioned how well the car performed before the 1st pit, but he was having a little trouble with his second set of tires. Not saying it was junk, but it wasn't as good as the first set. He also mentioned it was harder to drive since it seemed more windy than the previous day. I guess with the tires and the condition of the day his comfort level isn't as high as MS. Still he was about 15-20 seconds ahead of JPM in 3rd so that is a good sign about his driving ability and were the BAR Honda performance is this season I think. I had thought they might have a good chance at 3rd in the Constructors Championship, but now I'm thinking they have a real shot at second. I'm not sure Ferarri with MS will be caught though. Either MS is that much better a driver or his car is really dialed in since RB seems to be a little higher than mid pack this season. One thing I notices is how much better the Ferrari and Williams pit crews are over the rest. They always seem to be about 1-2 seconds faster in the pits than BAR Honda.

What a great race. I was really happy the first lap when i saw JB jumb off the start and take a nice lead. But ya kinda knew that it wouldnt last and that MS would come up and pass. MS got a big lead also because he was able to skip the traffic and JB got caught in it after he pited. If you remember back when it showed MS comming out of the pits and the pack just comming around the last corner, with JB behind a renault. I too think it was funny how Montoya was complaining about MS and how it was up to the FIA to punish him, it was his own fault. And whats up with Ralf M. trying to pass someone, making contact and he just ends up spining out, agian. At least it wasnt Sato this time. You guys may not like this, but i want Toyota to get its act together. If they are really spending the most money they should be doing a lot better.

Back