• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Buying a White NSX ??

I have never really considered getting a white NSX, but I have an opportunity to get one for a good price. I am wondering, what are some advantages or disadvantages to owning a white NSX?

This one is a 93 and it looks like there were very few white 93's made (88), so that is a plus in my book.

Also, this car has the top painted white, so it looks like a newer model.

Your thoughts?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I have a white civic and one of the biggest advanteges is that it stays cool in the summer. Here in Central Cal where the temps get to 105 sometimes, it's very nice get into a relatively cool car. Also, the paint won't fade nearly as fast because white reflects light. And being that white reflects light makes it a much safter car (ask the insurance industry). Another thing about white is that swirl marks are not very noticeable and when the car is dirty, it really doesn't seem like it. Hope that helps.

It looks great with white wheels and doesn't show dirt as easily. If it's a clean white it looks great in person. Lots of compliments on mine.

NSXnBRLA had some great pics of his all white NSX in the picture gallery a while back, but since Photopoint closed I think the links are broken. If he reads this maybe he can post some pics of his car to give you an idea.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 08 May 2002).]

white = lighter.

lighter = faster.

biggrin.gif

Plus, white is Honda's racing color.

-- Chris

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 08 May 2002).]

White car with white wheels are definitely nice. The only problem is keeping it clean all the time.

Originally posted by ak:
White car with white wheels are definitely nice. The only problem is keeping it clean all the time.

Try keeping a black car clean - in Michigan!
biggrin.gif

I do agree that the wheels will be harder to keep clean, but IMO it's worth it.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 09 May 2002).]

I've had a 92 white for over 8 years and have not gotten tired of it in the least. It is relatively low maintenance, but what I really like is that it accentuates the clean lines and dramatic proportions of the car. Seen quickly from a distance, as the public sees us, the car's low, wide dimensions make it un-mistakeable whereas the darker colors can be deceiving. I sometimes have to look twice at a black one in low light or when it's going by dark foliage to make sure it's not a Mitsu...3000.

And white paint on the sides of polished spokes is a cheap but nice touch. Even got compliments from the Hiroshima boys....how about that?

The first NSX I ever saw live was a customer's white one, and I fell in love with it. When I finally began searching for an NSX to purchase, I found a '92 white/black that seemed like a pretty good deal. I guess the sales guy didn't think I was serious, cause he let the deal fall through. I ended up with my red/ivory, which I love, but I still have a fondness for the white cars.

>>white (is) a safter car (ask the insurance industry)
Statistics I've seen show beige as the most unsafe color, followed by white. I believe the theory is these colors blend into the background.

>>white is Honda's racing color
White is Japan's racing color.

Well I have to say I have a real liking for white cars. A white NSX with a white roof is definately my favorite (Plug for Chris's car!!). When I was in the market I was focused on a 1991, since it fit my price range at the time, so I have a Blk/Blk. Don't get me wrong, I love it,WHEN IT IS CLEAN!!! but I do agree with MichiganNSX, white is a walk in the park to clean compared to Black.

JMO,
LarryB

White is THE color to have when you live in Louisiana like we do, NetViper... after plenty of pondering, i'm finally gonna be painting my roof white when i install my WW kit next week. That black draws entirely too much heat. White is easy to maintain. As far as white wheels being easy to keep clean, yeeesh. Thats the toughest part of keeping my car clean. THE WHEELS. But when clean, they are priceless. They even attract a few nice looking females, that will strike wild poses, just for a chance to be in a picture with an NSX!
20505ci-med.JPG

whitensx0.jpg

whitensx1.jpg

------------------
1992 NSX

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
White is THE color to have when you live in Louisiana like we do, NetViper... after plenty of pondering, i'm finally gonna be painting my roof white when i install my WW kit next week.

Where do you get your work done on your car? I talked to a local mechanic there, Jay Nipper, and he seemed really good. He has inspected this car and seems happy with it. I do have some questions about some of the stuff, but i will post that in a new topic.

I don't think i will paint the wheels white, but i do REALLY like your car! And the babes
smile.gif

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by NetViper:
Where do you get your work done on your car? I talked to a local mechanic there, Jay Nipper, and he seemed really good. He has inspected this car and seems happy with it. I do have some questions about some of the stuff, but i will post that in a new topic.

I don't think i will paint the wheels white, but i do REALLY like your car! And the babes
smile.gif

I own a honda/acura repair shop. My 2 head techs have over 20 years combined experience with Honda / Acura cars. NO one but them EVER touches my car. Jay Nipper works for Acura of Baton Rouge. I have neither good nor bad things to say about that particular service dept, but Jay is a good guy. If that car is somewhere in this region (obviously it is), feel free to see if you can talk the owner into driving by my place, and we'll check it out for you, if you'd like. Shoot me an email for details. Good luck!

------------------
1992 NSX

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
Shoot me an email for details. Good luck!

Your email is not listed. Send me a note.
[email protected]

------------------

NSXnBRLA,

That last photo above is just gorgeous. Perfect setting, and very well composed by the photographer.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
NSXnBRLA,

That last photo above is just gorgeous. Perfect setting, and very well composed by the photographer.
thanks buddy! You're talkin to the photographer.. hahaha... i set my cam to ultra high res, and then cropped the pic down on photoshop. Thats one of my favorite pics of the car ever. Gotta retake it when i paint the roof and add the WW kit. NetViper, i fixed my 'hidden' email address. Talk to you soon man.

PS - For the FULL page shot of the plantation home picture, go to: http://www.sportsnimports.com/forums/images/cars/IMAGE188.JPG

------------------
1992 NSX

[This message has been edited by NSXnBRLA (edited 09 May 2002).]

It's a plantation house. When you go to Louisiana, you can tour the old plantation homes (and get some of that great crawfish jambalaya).

NSXnBRLA, I've seen those pictures before (not of the girls). I absolutely love your car! It is beautiful!

I really like the white NSX's, white wheels and the black tops. BEAUTIFUL! NSXnBRLA's, Ilya's... wow!

Ive seen those pics before. Dont you have a friend with a yellow ITR? I talked to the ITR's girlfriend before and she directed me to that pic along with other ones with around 4 other cars in it? I love the ride btw.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
NSXnBRLA,

Have you ever thought of submitting that photograph for "photo of the month". I think it captures the essence of the NSX very well.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
Have you ever thought of submitting that photograph for "photo of the month". I think it captures the essence of the NSX very well.
We've used a shot from that plantation already.. before I lowered it and painted the wheels: http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/POTM/2001june.htm
-----