• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying an NSX... any help is appreciated

Hello all!

I am in the process of buying an NSX in Chicago at McGrath Auto of Westmont (19 miles from Chicago).

I'm looking for an independent mechanic to check the car out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if any NSX owners would be interested in checking out the car with me, I would really appreciate it and would totally treat you to lunch!

I'm looking to fly down to Chicago on Feb 12.

-Will

I'm gonna be heading to the Autoshow on Feb 12th, followed by dinner in downtown. PM me if you wanna join us after you've checked out the NSX and good luck with the purchase.

-Awais

skinnydoc said:
I'm looking for an independent mechanic to check the car out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
As I mentioned in the other topic, there are two dealers in the Chicago area that have a lot of experience servicing the NSX: Woodfield Acura (847-519-9550) in Hoffman Estates, northwest of the city, and Pauly Acura (847-433-8200) in Highland Park, north of the city. Either one can do an excellent inspection of an NSX for you. Woodfield is closer to McGrath of Westmont.

There are no independent mechanics in the Chicago area with anywhere near the amount of NSX experience that either of these dealers has.

Any reputable dealer should be willing to have the car inspected by another dealership. However, you would be responsible for paying for the inspection and possibly for arranging the transportation to and from the inspecting dealer.

I'd be more than happy to go with you to check it out. Still take it to a dealership that Ken recommends, as I'm no mechanic, but I just went through the NSX purchase process not too long ago, and some stuff to look out for is still fresh in my mind! :biggrin:

PM me if you're interested.

I just recently bought an NSX about a year ago...I have some decent experience with buying a used car...particularly an NSX...I looked at numerous NSXs before purchasing the one I have currently ... I could take a look at it after FEB 5...drop me a line and I will get back to you...I live in Naperville, IL

Ajay Sharma

I think he bought the car....I saw a thread recently about the drive back to Texas in it. :)

Yes Skinnydoc did in fact buy the car...Sean Williams and I met him and car was inspected at Hoffman Estates Acura...nice place...they did a good job...and there were no problems with the car...it was a clean car....

He also made it home in Dallas without any problems....

Another happy NSX owner

AJ

Back