• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

buying parts over the internet

I am thinking of buying some used nsx parts over the internet. How do I protect myself. Do I send the money to that person and hope that they send the part at the same time? Could someone who has bought parts over the internet give me some pointers on how not to get scammed? BTW I'm not saying that people selling nsx parts are out to scam you.I am new at this and I would like to know what the proper procedure is to take. Thanks for the help.

I bought some parts through an individual who listed them on this site. After I spoke with that individual, we agreed that he would send the part via FedEx and I would send the check the same way. This was done so each of us could provide the other person with a tracking number. I would think that most NSX owners are honest people, especially those who post here.

Someone suggested paying for parts with US post office money orders. From what I was told, is that if they cash the money order and do not send you your item, you can get them with mail fraud. Also they said that the post office has their own investigators so they will look into your case quicker than if you were to get a money order through a bank or whatever. Anyone else know if this is true?

One way to deal over the internet is by using www.paypal.com . By the way I have no financial interest in this site. I have used it to pay and recieve payments and have been satisfied every time. They can credit the money directly in your bank account or send you a check and they can also debit from your credit card or checking account to pay for an item. When using paypal make sure the person you are dealing with is verified member which means that paypal has verified the person's bank account and credit card info so that in case of fraud you can be protected.

another way is to use the COD service from the post office. I believe COD stands for cash on delivery. Basically the other party sends you the merchandise and tells the post office the collect the money for them. On delivery you pay the mailman (woman)by either cash or check. The fee for C0D is about $5. At least this way you're sure you're getting something from the other party. Notice I said something. you may get what you paid for, but you may also get a box full of rocks. So far I've had good luck via COD.
Be careful there are lots of conartists out there!

Back