• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying Yokohama AD08 R rears tires. Suggestions for where to buy and get installed?

Loveland, CO and Trabuco Canyon, California
YOKOHAMA
ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R
Rear: 255/40R17

Tire Rack will ship two rears for $503.96.

I usually go to Costco for my tires but they don't sell these.

I live in Lake Forest, CA.

Do you guys have any recommendations for shops to buy them at and install them? (I won't go to Tucker. Bad experience there with my S2000.)

Thank you, in advance.

I bought a pair a few months ago but they were cheaper. I don't know anywhere else but tirerack.

FYI. Discount Tire would not install these on my car. The load rating for rears is not high enough. However, they were willing to install on loose wheels, ie not attached to the car.

Costco tires are built to their specs. There is a reason the big box store's tires are cheaper. Same for tires that come on new cars. They are not the same design and construction as the ones bought through a reputable tire store or dealership.

Go to America's Tire in Lake Forest and and ask for Arnel, he will match anyones price. They have done all my cars and truck tires for years.

Go to America's Tire in Lake Forest and and ask for Arnel, he will match anyones price. They have done all my cars and truck tires for years.

I've been there and had Arnel do my tires on my S2000s many times. The last time I was there, the tech put my wheel on top of two tires and it fell off, scratching it. I guess I could go back but insist on his best tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Les, for the recommendation. I just ordered the tires at Lake Forest America's Tire with Ryan's help, since Arnel is on his honeymoon. They'll be in tomorrow. Price installed is $525.82.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Jonathan (Track Addict) for helping me decide on which tires to buy.

I'm glad you were able to get them at America's tires, hopefully this time around they won't drop your wheels.

I'm at America's Tires in Lake Forest for my 12:45 appt. How long will I wait?

- - - Updated - - -

It's 2:00 and they're almost done.

I'm back at America's Tires getting my Crosstour flat fixed for free. It went flat at the NSX BBQ.

So was it a screw or nail you ran over?

I guess so. The tire guy said there was nothing inside the tire so what ever caused the puncture in the tread was gone.

Let me get this straight, Les got screwed, I got nailed, and you got.....nothing? So disappointed.

Thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread . . . just got some new wheels and looking for a place to buy tires and get them mounted and do an alignment. [MENTION=16371]Kyras[/MENTION] were you happy with America's tire ? Any other recommendations for the orange county area . . . 714 tires ?

Appreciate it. Will post a pic of the car once I get the wheels put on :)

Thanks everyone

Thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread . . . just got some new wheels and looking for a place to buy tires and get them mounted and do an alignment. [MENTION=16371]Kyras[/MENTION] were you happy with America's tire ? Any other recommendations for the orange county area . . . 714 tires ?

Appreciate it. Will post a pic of the car once I get the wheels put on :)

Thanks everyone

Yes, I was happy. Well, honestly I'm never "happy" when anyone is touching my blue hottie, but it went fine.

Yes, I was happy. Well, honestly I'm never "happy" when anyone is touching my blue hottie, but it went fine.

I know what you mean . . . hence my paranoia regarding tire shops . . .

Appreciate the feedback . . . thank you :)

are you happy with the ADO8's ? I'm thinking of doing the same.

thanks,

Deepak

I know what you mean . . . hence my paranoia regarding tire shops . . .

Appreciate the feedback . . . thank you :)

are you happy with the ADO8's ? I'm thinking of doing the same.

thanks,

Deepak

Yes, I am happy with the AD08s. :smile:

Back