• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cabin Heater Fan

Has anyone heard about this problem .

My 95 3.0 auto's cabin heater fan stopped running, it started as an intermittant fault ( not running on start up then kicking in during a journey ).
I've checked the fuses but they seem ok, is there anywhere else I should try looking, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Adrian :confused:

hey Brian... my climate control works but is the problem you're describing which i'm sure is quite common... It only works on extreme high and extreme low... But the temp works but may also seem to work on extremes?? All the settings seem to be fine... do i need a rebuild... if so how much?? and how long??

thanks

nsxot1c said:
hey Brian... my climate control works but is the problem you're describing which i'm sure is quite common... It only works on extreme high and extreme low... But the temp works but may also seem to work on extremes?? All the settings seem to be fine... do i need a rebuild... if so how much?? and how long??

thanks

Yes it sounds like you need to have your CCU repaired, $150 - $170, 2 -3 days. PM me for more info.

Hi

It does'nt matter which setting I choose just can't get the fan to run.
Had a major repair by NSX garage to fix the flap mechanism about a year ago , could they have disturbed something behind the dashboard ?.

Adrian

The blower is upfront by the spare tire so work under the dash should have no effect. If your blower is not running at all you will need to look at the blower motor and the blower relay and the blower high relay. I first check if the blower motor is functional and then go to the blower relay and see if it’s on.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
I've managed to get the fan running, I noticed with the fan switched on and not running a very gentle tap to the blower box side and it fired up but at about 70% speed, I then tried pushing the motor power cable into the box and the fan ran up to full speed.
I've re-seated the motor and cylinder fan assembly and it's run ever since.
Once again Thanks to everyone for your tips and advice.

Adrian

You may need to clean all the crud out of your motor, like I did in another thread.

Pepe le peux said:
Thanks to everyone for your help.
I've managed to get the fan running, I noticed with the fan switched on and not running a very gentle tap to the blower box side and it fired up but at about 70% speed, I then tried pushing the motor power cable into the box and the fan ran up to full speed.
I've re-seated the motor and cylinder fan assembly and it's run ever since.
Once again Thanks to everyone for your tips and advice.

Adrian

My fan blower only blows intermittently. Tried tapping the fan "box" under the hood with a flashlight but it didn't have any effect. The fan still occasionally comes on when I hit a bump.
The problem seems to be in the fan/blower itself, the power transistor, or one of the connections.

The ...blower resistor...plugs in behind the spare tire & you'll have to loosen anything that is in its way otherwise you won't be able to reach & plug it in place.

I will be checking the power transistor (blower resistor?) as per the above tip.

CCU recently repaired by Briank, so that isn't the problem. The CCU seems to be functioning as designed.

I will post the solution when I find it.

Last edited:
Back