• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

California's next major earthquake

I hear the same guy (jim berkland) who predicted the japan quake, new zealand quake, and the old major cali quake is again predicting a massive quake is about to knock off cali from the rest of the country this coming week... Thoughts?

I hear the same guy (jim berkland) who predicted the japan quake, new zealand quake, and the old major cali quake is again predicting a massive quake is about to knock off cali from the rest of the country this coming week... Thoughts?

People have been saying that for years. With all the stuff going on nowadays I wouldn't be surprised.

Would be pretty cool to live on an island cut off from the rest of california. Maybe we can secede from the union or become the 51st state

He did predict the 1989 (Loma Prieta) quake, not the others. I'm hoping he's wrong about one this week.:smile:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kCpjgl2baLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpjgl2baLs

Here you go. When I saw this like 5 years ago, I must've watched it like 20 times straight. This video never gets old hahaha. I love how when they showed China it had a Japanese flag in the background. lol

If he can predict me 6 winning lottery numbers, then we'll talk. Until then...meh. :wink:

Lex Luther tried and failed miserably in his real estate scheme. Truth, saw it just now on G4 tv. Even if superman wasn't there, the one bomb was barely enough to collapse the golden gate bridge and bust hoover dam.

Last edited:

Link, source?

Well great. If Cali goes into the ocean say goodbye to us in Hawaii. I guess It will be back to 48 States.:eek: Damn it, I just bought my house. Give me a few years to enjoy it at least.

He has a 50/50 chance of being right. We get quakes all of the time and his prediction shows a range of 3.5-7.0 on the scale. We get a 3.5 almost every other week in CA. He has also predicted quakes in the past that didn't happen.

Have to admit, I've been waiting for "the big one" to shake things up here in the bay for the past year. Especially after hearing about the quakes that have been rocking cities around the globe and even LA but yet all we had was that 4.2 or 4.6 in the past couple months.

When is our plate gonna do some slip n sliding?

The nuke plants in Cali are built to withstand a 7.0 earthquake, so nothing to worry about.

I hear the same guy (jim berkland) who predicted the japan quake, new zealand quake, and the old major cali quake is again predicting a massive quake is about to knock off cali from the rest of the country this coming week...

So what happened?

If he can predict me 6 winning lottery numbers, then we'll talk. Until then...meh. :wink:

haha....yeah me too. I think some people are confusing this man's prediction with a psychic prediction. Unlike a psychic who supposedly has some way of divining when something is going to happen (but no hard evidence to show why) this man is explaining why he believes an earthquake is imminent and gives logical reasoning.

He has a 50/50 chance of being right. We get quakes all of the time and his prediction shows a range of 3.5-7.0 on the scale. We get a 3.5 almost every other week in CA. He has also predicted quakes in the past that didn't happen.

To be fair I don't think he is talking about a 3.5. Seems obvious to me he is talking about a MAJOR earthquake.

The nuke plants in Cali are built to withstand a 7.0 earthquake, so nothing to worry about.

I sure hope so. But what about a tsunami? The nuke plants in Japan survived the earthquake. It was the tsunami that knocked out their back up generators needed to keep pumping water.

So what happened?

Not sure exactly what your asking but maybe your asking if the earthquake happened. Well no....and if it did I'm sure the whole country would have known by now. But his prediction is for an earthquake between the 19th and 26th of this month so he still has 5 days to go.

Anyway the way I look at it I don't care if his prediction is right or wrong but i think its a good reminder to prepare for the worst.....just in case.

I sure hope so. But what about a tsunami? The nuke plants in Japan survived the earthquake. It was the tsunami that knocked out their back up generators needed to keep pumping water.

I was actually being sarcastic. Building a nuke plant in cali, near 2 fault lines, to only withstand a 7.0 seems irresponsible to me.

They just had on the news about the Nuke plant in Dakoda(sp?) valley where some of the waves came ashore from the Tsunami. It was NOT designed for earthquakes. They got around it somehow and they say it was well built anyways but it was not certified for earthquakes.

Back