• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling all AEM EMS / ECU users ....

I've purchased a series 1 AEM ECU (30-1002) from a fellow primer who used it successfully for a few years (he's upgrading to Motec) . I've installed it in the car along with AEM's dual wide band controller and UEGO's. My engine config is stock except for Top Speed headers.

I'm looking for a known good NSX-specific calibration file for this ECU. I had trouble getting the car to start using the Honda-Acura calibration file that comes bundled in the latest AEMpro software (1002.V1.19.cal) so I changed to an NSX-specific file I got from previous owner. Now it starts and idles OK, for a while! I drove it but only a few hundred yards since it hesitates a lot ...

I've been working the AEMpower forums as much as possible, and am gettting some help from the AEM engineers. Quite a few tweaks have been made to get this far, but I'm guessing there are other primers out there who've been through this already and have a fully-sorted cal file they can share ?

Last edited:
It seems to me the proper thing to do would be put the stock ECU back in and drive it to a tuner to have the EMS tuned properly.

I've got a tuner on standby, but before the tuning stage there are a number of things that are not setup properly in the default cal files provided with AEMpro, especially for an older ECU like mine (30-1002). It's a surprisingly long list including things like:
- IAT cal tables wrong
- AFR cal tables wrong
- chamber volume control on wrong output
- MAP analog input not selected
- Purge control not set up
- etc

I'm discovering these things on-by-one and I am almost certain there are more, hence I'm looking to fellow AEM users to provide known good cal files. So it's not the tuning data I'm after (fuel maps etc) but basic I/O and associated cal table setups. This should save me a lot of time and avoid distracting the tuner away from his real job.

tia

Yes I corrected some of those, but there is also the cal table for the coolant temp sensor that needs to be corrected, at least on the 30-1042, and AFR actually is not the table but the AFR units that set to the wrong fuel if you go to CONFIGURE> UNITS, it shows units for gas but their are not they are selected for another fuel which I don't recall, but you need to select a different fuel than gas and then reselect for gasoline, this way you AFR will show correct gas units.

Back