• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling all TAMPA, FL and Close by NSX owners!

Can't make the 14th this time around. Bucs tailgate starts @10am at Raymond James. I'll try to catch the December drive.

Can't make the 14th this time around. Bucs tailgate starts @10am at Raymond James. I'll try to catch the December drive.

sounds good! Id like to plan another drive in Nov. hopefully you will be able to make that!

I emailed everyone that has given me their email address, if you did not receive an email from me about this event, and you would like to, please give me your contact info!

suggestions on where to drive and/or quick place to grab bite to eat?

Can the meet info be posted here in the thread so that anyone that *might* make it can see it?

Also, I have no problem with PM, but I *don't* want my e-mail address posted in a public thread for mail harvesters to collect....

- David

Do we have an idea of where we will be going?

I have planned a few group drives with the local NSX & S2000 crew. 2 years ago we had 23 NSX and 18 S2000. We had brunch and invited Wei Shein then did a local (Tampa) group drive with 2 stops inbetween.

We also do drives just north of Dade City on some back-country roads. I have maps and a well planned out route without the threat of police or traffic. Total miles covered are about 60-90 miles depending on the routes.

Let me know quick and I can plan something for next weekend which will include reservations for our group at a Irish Pub out in the middle of nowhere. I will need a head count so they can accomodate us.

Todd

Can the meet info be posted here in the thread so that anyone that *might* make it can see it?

Also, I have no problem with PM, but I *don't* want my e-mail address posted in a public thread for mail harvesters to collect....

- David

The info is posted here. I also email everyone that has provided their contact. If you do not want to post your email here, please PM me.

Do we have an idea of where we will be going?

I have planned a few group drives with the local NSX & S2000 crew. 2 years ago we had 23 NSX and 18 S2000. We had brunch and invited Wei Shein then did a local (Tampa) group drive with 2 stops inbetween.

We also do drives just north of Dade City on some back-country roads. I have maps and a well planned out route without the threat of police or traffic. Total miles covered are about 60-90 miles depending on the routes.

Let me know quick and I can plan something for next weekend which will include reservations for our group at a Irish Pub out in the middle of nowhere. I will need a head count so they can accomodate us.

Todd

Awesome Todd, that sounds like a great idea! If we can get the majority of ppl to go for that, id like too. Otherwise Id like to stay local. I love meeting new ppl and talking our heads off, but when push comes to shove, id rather spend most of my time driving.

anyone interested please quote my list for a head count.

Suggested routes around tampa area/clear water..etc??? please.

Sunday October 14th NSX-Cruise
Head Count
1)Dlynes- Dave 98'nsx-t yellow/blk
2)Joey (jjcthe1)
3)NSXALOT-- Lance 94 green ( Live in Las Vegas)
4)HeySkippy
5)Todd
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
Awesome Todd, that sounds like a great idea! If we can get the majority of ppl to go for that, id like too. Otherwise Id like to stay local. I love meeting new ppl and talking our heads off, but when push comes to shove, id rather spend most of my time driving.

anyone interested please quote my list for a head count.

Suggested routes around tampa area/clear water..etc??? please.

Sunday October 14th NSX-Cruise
Head Count
1)Dlynes- Dave 98'nsx-t yellow/blk
2)Joey (jjcthe1)
3)NSXALOT-- Lance 94 green ( Live in Las Vegas)
4)HeySkippy
5)Todd
6)WhatWasThat
7)
8)
9)
10)

added myself to the list

Have you gotten your car here yet? If you need a ride I'll drive you down there in record speed.

Hook up with Todd to get some ideas on roads in the area that we can go for a drive.

Have you gotten your car here yet? If you need a ride I'll drive you down there in record speed.

Hook up with Todd to get some ideas on roads in the area that we can go for a drive.

wow thats very nice of you!! thanks for the offer!! Should have my car by early evening tomorrow night! id actually love a ride in an nsx, its extremely rare that I can ever be a passanger, and deffinetely rare to be a passanger in an nsx. thanks for the offer, I worked a deal out w/my buddy, he drives me there, Im letting him use a bedroom set...win win

I would like to be a passanger in everyones car sometime tho, id love to compare cars. Then maybe I can figure out if my cars as loud in the inside as everyone elses...always seems like something is lose.

Hello Locals--
I was asked to come to the front and get this meet/drive/lunch locked down to a time and a place.

Basically I would like to know if you guys want to just meet up and talk or drive our cars. Either way we need to make a decision so I can get planning this out before next weekend.

First of all are we driving in Dade City? If so I need a little help to make this a success.

1) A final headcount by Friday October 12, 2007
2) Someone to ride with me or behind me to get acclimated to the roads by end of next week. Kinda' a pre-drive so to speak.
3) If we have more than 20 cars, we will need to split into 2 groups and "A" and a "B", so I will need a group leader to take the "B" group on the drive. This group leader will also need to attend the pre-drive as well since the groups will be spaced 10 minutes apart.

A good time to meet will be around 9am on Sunday, October 14, 2007. We normally socialize and take some pictures, then will be heading out by 10am.
We will have 2-3 stops for bathroom breaks and refreshments (no alcohol) then proceed to our final destination which will be lunch.

I have attended, lead and organized many meets & drives and this course in Dade City by far is one of the best. We are almost free to do whatever we want, within reason, except cross the center line. Tampa roads are conjested lately and these courses that we drive locally have many obstacles like potholes, livestock and police that will cross our paths.

All in favor please speak up!

Hello Locals--
I have attended, lead and organized many meets & drives and this course in Dade City by far is one of the best. We are almost free to do whatever we want, within reason, except cross the center line.
Even though it's the longest drive for me, Dade City gets a big thumbs up. Of the few long routes I've been on, that was the best in terms of being rural and allowing for relatively drama-free driving.

can someone post the address/zip in dade city so i know how far away it is? if its too far i wont be going. let me know thanks!

joey

Love to make the run, however on this one, as I had previously posted, I am up in MO for another auto event - I won't get back until the wee hours of Monday the 13th(I believe):frown: I will definitely be there in spirit, if not in body!!:biggrin: I also plan on making the Dec "Chin" meet in Orlando (or there-abouts!!:smile:

For the Clearwater/St. Pete crew we can meet near the intersection of Dale Mabry and 275 in the Home Depot Parking lot. From there about a 20-25 minute ride North on 275 to 75. I can meet the local crew there first and lead to Dade City.

We will meet at the Hernando-Pasco Community College parking lot prior to the drive. The college is just about 1 mile north of State Road 52. This will be an experience for all of those who want to drive their cars. This is not a race, just some real nice back-country roads where we can streach our legs, so to speak.

Last edited:
Be aware, there are alot of cyclists out that time of day, on those roads. I trained many miles on those roads back when training for triathlons. Great roads!!!

Enjoy!

For the Clearwater/St. Pete crew we can meet near the intersection of Dale Mabry and 275 in the Home Depot Parking lot. From there about a 20-25 minute ride North on 275 to 75. I can meet the local crew there first and lead to Dade City.

We will meet at the Hernando-Pasco Community College parking lot prior to the drive. The college is just about 1 mile north of State Road 52. This will be an experience for all of those who want to drive their cars. This is not a race, just some real nice back-country roads where we can streach our legs, so to speak.

Sounds good Todd, I will call you later today.

Who do you have coming so far? nsx or s2ks?

I'm down for the drive and lunch. If you really need someone for a pre-drive let me know, I may be able to do it. I think before I do this drive I need to flush my brake fluid anyone have any tips to get the job done quicker?

this all sounds good to me, please confirm a time to meet at the home depot

I'm down for the drive and lunch. If you really need someone for a pre-drive let me know, I may be able to do it. I think before I do this drive I need to flush my brake fluid anyone have any tips to get the job done quicker?

If you are in for the pre-drive, come to the shop and I'll do the flush pro-bono. I am NSX savy.

We could do S2000 but we will have like 40+ cars show up. Not a problem at all for me since I work on S2000 mainly, but larger crouds drawl attention quickly. Lets do just an NSX drive then in December we will schedule a large meet for both NSX and S2000.

OK from here on lets start a new head count. Please list your screen name and +1 if you have a passenger attending.

If you are in for the pre-drive, come to the shop and I'll do the flush pro-bono. I am NSX savy.

We could do S2000 but we will have like 40+ cars show up. Not a problem at all for me since I work on S2000 mainly, but larger crouds drawl attention quickly. Lets do just an NSX drive then in December we will schedule a large meet for both NSX and S2000.

OK from here on lets start a new head count. Please list your screen name and +1 if you have a passenger attending.

Todd, for this drive id rather have nsx's only, so works well.

1. Whatwasthat +1
2. Dlynes Dave +1

Todd, i am hoping the ppl that confirmed for the original plan will still come and more...

Just got my car home!!! cant believe its been 3 months since i drove it! gotta detail the hell out of it. Id like to swing by your shop this week Todd, let me me know when you'd like to do a pre-drive. im around btwn 12-2 every day, then nights.

It pains me greatly to do this, but I must drop out this time. I'm heading out for a 10 day road trip the weekend after this drive and there are things I have to get done before that happens.

Sorry guys, this marks the very first one of these cruises that I've missed. You can bet I'll be there for the next one.

...later...

Back