• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling Luis Rodriguez, Jose and the rest of you Austinites

NSXCA is now taking bids for NSXPO 2010. If the Vegas crew does not submit a bid for next year, I'm afraid I will never get to go to an XPO. The only reason I am calling for Luis is because he's awesome at organizing events (THE BEST). Of course, I will volunteer to help in the planning and coordinating if needed.

I think Austin would be a fantastic location and there is Harris Hill in San Marcos to satisfy the track prerequisite. Here is the announcement from Larry B:

Hello all,

I would like to announce that the NSXCA Board of Directors is now accepting bids for venues of NSXPO 2010. If you want a future NSXPO to be held close to your locale, now is the time to put together a proposal to make that happen.

NSXPO2009 has been awarded and will be held in Toronto, Canada from September 24-29, 2009. The deadline for the submission of bids for NSXPO2010 is May 31, 2009, and the venue will be decided upon by July 30, 2009. The board reserves the right to modify the deadlines if the situation warrants it.

For proper consideration, and to increase the chances of getting your proposal approved, here are some of the things that we are looking for, in no particular order:

1. A good overview of the event, a vision of how you would like it to happen.
2. Target date
3. A feasibility study of the area, which includes but is not limited to:
a. Which track(s) are you looking into renting?
b. What are your chances of actually getting the track rented on your targeted dates?
c. A survey of different hotels for possible use as event HQ, including rates.
d. A description of the area where the event will be held, including the expected weather that time of the year, airline and airport accessibility, presence of good driving roads, etc.
4. A tentative schedule of events.
5. Proposed organization of event leadership, and planning committee. It is reasonable to expect that whoever submits the proposal, he/she/they will take an active role in the planning of this event, and are committed to making this happen.

Past NSXPO solicitations will be made available for those seeking to review former accepted proposals. Please contact the NSXCA Board at [email protected]

There are two ways you can submit your proposals. The first is via email, by sending it as document attachment to the NSXCA Board at [email protected] or via postal mail to:

NSX Club of America
333 Mamaroneck Ave.
PO Box 339
White Plains, NY 10605

If you are sending your proposal via postal mail, it is appreciated if you can submit 8 copies, for distribution to the various board members.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Larry Bastanza
President, NSXCA
On behalf of the Board of Directors

Last edited:
Forgot to add the link for the original thread requesting nominations

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118987

Let's get this puppy down to the ATX! The Texas NSXes have definitely grown in size

I've already emailed to request past solicitations for examples on the format and will pass it along if you guys are willing to submit a bid.

Last edited:
PLEASE make this happen. That would be awesome to be able to make a XPO.

Having NSXPO in Austin would be amazing. I would also assist in any and all ways possible (considering I'm in Houston).

Anyone considering going to Toronto this year? I was born there and still have family and friends there, so I'm seriously thinking about making the trip and killing 2 birds with one stone. :smile:

If you guys do this in AUstin I will do everything I can to help in organizing the event. I will be back permanently. LEts get this bid going if possible. Also I should have my car back by then and wouldn't mind unveiling it then with felow NSX'ers and friends.

Track events, hill country roads, if its in OCT time frame the TExas mile, places to grub, karting proposals, maybe some seminars and dynoes etc.

-g-

Last edited:
Anyone considering going to Toronto this year? I was born there and still have family and friends there, so I'm seriously thinking about making the trip and killing 2 birds with one stone. :smile:

Z, are you plan on driving or flying up there? I'll go if you are.

Kudos for Austin NSXPO 2010 :biggrin:

I would definitly be willing to help in any way posible if we got a commitee together. Lets do it guys!!!

Z, are you plan on driving or flying up there? I'll go if you are.

Kudos for Austin NSXPO 2010 :biggrin:

Well, it would be by plane, no doubt. I have a hard time driving 35 minutes to work, I couldn't even imagine the drive to Canada... :smile:

Last edited:
Remember two things :tongue: limit the Barbeque,and the cobler:biggrin:

Luis

Larry B emailed me a copy of the winning bid for 2006. PM or just post your email address and I will forward it to you so you can use it as an example.

Email me [email protected]

Thanks for the help. I figured we suggest a May date (2nd week) to replace one of the NSXCraze events. Jose is friends with the Harris Hill guy. If we agree on the dates, it would give us a huge start point. What do you think?

Yo Yo Yo. All official NSXCraze business needs to be conducted at BDs.

FYI, Ironrock is still closed. Don't know details on what is happening. H2R could be a full DE or what we did last time for longer. Maybe 3 run groups over 4 hours.

-Jose

im in for the all u can eat BBQ and Cobbler!!!! LOL

I'll help get NSXPO here 2. If u guys grive or trailer cars ill go

full DE Track day...we all would rather not getting stuck behind a Miata again!!!

we luv ya Chris!!!

TWS is always a possible 2. H2R is sweet. Lets do it again for NSXtxPO.
The LoveFab needs a little break in!!!

2K9 Meet is this weekend in Katy Boys. I think Gil is stayin at my place.

Back