• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Camp lejeune

Anyone here near the area? Moving out there from socal and would appreciate any tips as i know it snows. Any regular cars and coffee meets? Tia

Anyone here near the area? Moving out there from socal and would appreciate any tips as i know it snows. Any regular cars and coffee meets? Tia

Judd,

I am assuming you mean the Marine Corps base in NC. Notice you are Navy. One of the owners in our area "Tomcat" is a Navy reserve pilot.

Snow??? Rarely. And probably never near the coast. I live in the Raleigh area and maintain a roster of owners in the NC area. We have about 40+ NSX's in the immediate area. One of the more active members lives in New Bern, NC - just north of the base, and another in Lumberton. Should be no problem to get together with other owners in the area. Major meets are in the Raleigh area or just south of the base in Wilmington. Let us know when you arrive and I'll be sure to get you on my mailing list.

judd,

Great to hear that you are on the way to Camp Lejeune! You are about 30 mins south of where I am in New Bern, NC. As far as snow ... maybe one or 2 days throughout the year. We did not have any last year. If it snows it will only be on the ground for a day or so at which point everything closes.

We have 2 NSX's here in New Bern and 1 in Wiliamston, NC which is about an hour north of New Bern.

We have a local car club in New Bern called Carolina Super Cars (www.carolinasupercars.com) which has a variety of cars in the club (Porsche, Ferrari's, 3 x NSX's, S2000's, Corvettes and Mustangs etc.)

There are several car shows in the area, from Wilmington, Cape Carteret, Jacksonville, New Bern and Raleigh that I try to get out to. With Raleigh 2 hours away ... I only get there 1 or twice a year.

John (99NCNSX) has a pretty good handle on all the events in the Raleigh area and usually keeps us all up to date as to what is happening in Raleigh / Triangle area.

When you do get out here, please contact me and we'll get together. Have a safe move and we look forward to meeting you soon.

Darrin

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting up with everyone there. I'll update this thread as time gets closer.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting up with everyone there. I'll update this thread as time gets closer.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future ... we'll be here when you get here!

I miss the Hampstead/Wimington area. Lived there when i was station at Lejeune back from 1998-2001. Ahh yes, memories.

Carry on.. sorry for the interruption. :)

I am not real familiar with real estate availability in Lejeune area, but I can tell you here in Raleigh area (about an hour north), that most homes with 3 car garages are usually larger, more expensive homes in high dollar neighborhoods. Given market conditions currently, you might luck into someone desperate to rent such a home at a reasonable rate?

However, my experience in this area (10 years), and having lived in WI and PA, is that winter weather conditions are very mild. My '99 NSX and '07 RL live in a carpeted (indoor/outdoor carpeting) two car garage and my duty vehicle ('08 MDX) sits outside in the driveway. I rarely have to scrape some frost off the windshield (only if I have a very early morning appointment - by mid morning the sun has melted the frost).

You can probably do a search on the internet and see if any rental properties with 3 car garages are available and at what price.

Good luck. When do you expect to be in the area?

As mentioned before, I live in New Bern which is about 20-30 mins North of Camp Lejeune and a 3 car garage rental will not be that easy to find not to mention it will be a larger home 4000+ sq ft.

I have a three car garage and I think I am one of 5 ot 6 in my entire neighborhood. You will find a tone of 2 car garages though.

To give you an idea of what rental houses are going for around the coast, my collegue just rented his 14 year old house, 3000 sq ft house in a real nice neighborhood, 2 car garage for $900.00 / month + UTL. Across the street from me, a good friend of mine and his wife divorced and cannot sell the house, so they rented a 3 year old house, 3350 sq ft with 2 car garage for $1350.00 / month + UTL.

I hope this information helps. If you need any help, please let me know.

Darrin

As mentioned before, I live in New Bern which is about 20-30 mins North of Camp Lejeune and a 3 car garage rental will not be that easy to find not to mention it will be a larger home 4000+ sq ft.

I have a three car garage and I think I am one of 5 ot 6 in my entire neighborhood. You will find a tone of 2 car garages though.

To give you an idea of what rental houses are going for around the coast, my collegue just rented his 14 year old house, 3000 sq ft house in a real nice neighborhood, 2 car garage for $900.00 / month + UTL. Across the street from me, a good friend of mine and his wife divorced and cannot sell the house, so they rented a 3 year old house, 3350 sq ft with 2 car garage for $1350.00 / month + UTL.

I hope this information helps. If you need any help, please let me know.

Darrin

Good lord I miss these figures. In Northern VA, triple those payments and you're on par with our real estate costs. :biggrin:

hey guys put me on your mailing list. I am stationed at Langley AFB in Va. My family is located in swansboro (outside jacksonville) and would love to meet with you guys. Let me know when you wanna do a meet and greet. I usually go through New Bern on my way home atleast once a month.

Hey Kelly,

I will put you on my mailing list and owner roster. Activity in the region here slows down a bit in Dec/Jan, but I be sure to let you know when things pick up.

You might want to check out some of the events up on the northern VA area as well.

Regards

There's a monthly (1st Saturday?) cars n coffee in Raleigh - anchored by the Porsche and Ferrari club breakfast meetings, but all kinds of cars show up. Let us know when you arrive. Welcome to N. Carolina!

Steve Gooding is the local NSX mechanic / guru in the area, so we have a great resource to keep these cars on the road here.

Anyone else on here stationed at good ol' camp lejeune or live nearby? March is coming real fast. I'm a navy guy, getting stationed with the marines, and everytime i look on craigslist they keep mentioning the back gate. Is that supposed to be closer to all the housing areas? i was looking at renting in the richlands area.

I miss the Hampstead/Wimington area. Lived there when i was station at Lejeune back from 1998-2001. Ahh yes, memories.

Carry on.. sorry for the interruption. :)

At ease!

I was stationed at Camp Lejuene in the mid 80's for 5 awesome years. I miss the area too; the whole east coast is your playground with plenty of great beaches (sp :biggrin:).

Back in the day, if I would have had an NSX...

hey guys put me on your mailing list. I am stationed at Langley AFB in Va. My family is located in swansboro (outside jacksonville) and would love to meet with you guys. Let me know when you wanna do a meet and greet. I usually go through New Bern on my way home atleast once a month.

I'm also stationed at Langley AFB, VA. I want to meet NSX owners from Hampton, VA or nearby cities.

Almost there. in ATL at the moment. I did cross country in the NSX and she's still doing fine. pictures to follow.

Look forward to meeting you. Just had the NSX out last weekend for a car show between polen days! Drive safe!

Whats up everyone! Been awhile since i've had anytime to post on here. Running around with marines is leaving me with little time to my hobbies. Anyways, anyone here recommend a place to take the NSX to get wrapped? im thinking matte red, then store her before i deploy. Also i might be ordering that new difflow diffuser, just waiting on the reviews on the updated version.
Thanks fellas.
-judd

Whats up everyone! Been awhile since i've had anytime to post on here. Running around with marines is leaving me with little time to my hobbies. Anyways, anyone here recommend a place to take the NSX to get wrapped? im thinking matte red, then store her before i deploy. Also i might be ordering that new difflow diffuser, just waiting on the reviews on the updated version.
Thanks fellas.
-judd

Judd, good to hear from you. Check out the link below. The owner (Pete) is a former NSX owner. At the last Brier Creek Cruise here in the Raleigh area, he has a late model Mercedes SL that had been entirely wrapped in carbon fiber look vinyl. Looked incredible!!! This was Pete's personal car and he evidently has expanded his invisible bra and window tinting business to include vehicle wraps. I have heard only very good comments about his work.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

John

http://tvpauto.com/

Last edited:
Hello everyone, im new to this looking, for a place to relax and talk cars, not a high school street race FnF.....yeah I dont own a NSX, I have a S2K, 2004 thats in prestine condition, looking for people to meet to talk cars with, thanks...yes its the same one in my profile pic =)

hey manny! Good to see an army guy posting up. Called that shop but its just way to pricey to vinyl wrap thru them, just about 4K. I think imma jump on the DIY vinyl bandwagon and get in on the group buy for 300 bucks.

Back