• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can S2000 seats fit in the NSX?

Great write up and idea. I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Please clearify, for the rear hole, you don't need a braket right? and for the front, you are not using the stock hole that angles 45 degree right?

i am wondering is there any aftermarket braket/rail can be use as a adaptor.

Thats correct. The back fits in the stock holes, no need for a bracket.
The fronts I used two existing holes (not the ones on a 45) and bolted all the way through.
Let me know if you have any questions. I took more pictures than what I posted, if you need any specific ones, let me know!

Hey Michael did you ever find out the weight differences between the S2K and NSX seats? I'm really thinking about this.

Also do you think seat rails from the bottom of NSX seats would bolt right onto the S2K seat bottoms?

Post more pics of the seats in the car! This is an awesome idea. I always liked the S2000 seats, they look very agressive and modern. Would compliment the NSX interior well. I mean I like the stock NSX seats, but I hear they are too heavy.

I read somewhere that the S2000 passenger seat with rails weighed 33 lbs. The stock NSX seats are 80 lbs? That's almost 50 lbs saving if that's true. If the S2000 driver seat is close to 33lbs, than that almost 100lbs saving on a nice set of OEM leather seats installed.

Anyways, post more pics man, of the door open and such so we can get a full view of it in the interior. You can slide and pivot without clearance issues right?

First let me say excellent write up and documentation of your work!

I have an s2000 as well and thought many times of how s2000 seats would look in the NSX....hehe

2 questions:

1) Does your seats still slide back and forth?

2) Do you gain any headroom or legroom with this setup?

Subscribed to see the progress! :)

rick

First let me say excellent write up and documentation of your work!

I have an s2000 as well and thought many times of how s2000 seats would look in the NSX....hehe

2 questions:

1) Does your seats still slide back and forth?

2) Do you gain any headroom or legroom with this setup?

Subscribed to see the progress! :)

rick

Same questions here.

Excellent work!!!

-MSR

I read somewhere that the S2000 passenger seat with rails weighed 33 lbs. The stock NSX seats are 80 lbs?

No way they are that heavy! After all, among the 100+ patents for the NSX were the first production application of an aluminum seat frame. It's ~80 lbs. for the pair (http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Weight_Reduction). So, there's some savings, but more like 14 lbs. rather than 100 lbs. The S2000 seats do look nice and actually seem to complement the interior, though.

Last edited:
U guys notice how old this topic is? lol...Mike doesnt even have the NSX anymore. :confused: and he's not active on this site anymore either.

No way they are that heavy! After all, among the 100+ patents for the NSX were the first production application of an aluminum seat frame. It's ~80 lbs. for the pair (http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Weight_Reduction). So, there's some savings, but more like 14 lbs. rather than 100 lbs. The S2000 seats do look nice and actually seem to complement the interior, though.

The seats in my CR weigh 33lbs and my NSX are 44.5. 11.5 lbs for leather power and a wider seat isn't too bad.

Has anyone considered the seats from an EP3? Thats the 02-05 Civic Si, and if you ask me, those are the best seats Honda ever made, I personally think the S2000 seats are too hard and too uncomfortable.

Is that billet aluminum that is being used? I know the NSX used a LOT of aluminum, but the rails on the floorboard, are they aluminum as well? Sorry for my ignorance, but I just know that except for the brakes and swaybars, hubs and bearings, the entire suspension is aluminum, I don't know about the rest of the body.

CIMG0501.jpg

how safe/solid is that bracket?

I may have missed what kind of metal you used for this, but it doesnt seem very sturdy.

thats awesome i love the look now all you have to do is find some headrest speakers that were a factory option for the s2000 :biggrin:

I have a question on this install.

On this two pictures, where are the bolts that go into those two holes treading into?
Did you install at nut somehow?

Here is how I mounted my S2000 seats in my NSX. Sorry they are not the best pictures, but it will at least give you an idea of how it was done.

The comparison :smile:

Marking out the new seat on my template

You can see they were very close at the back

The seat out. Yes, I know, the carpet is getting replaced next with NSX-R red carpet from SOS

This is my original bracket, but I realized that it would fit without this bracket :rolleyes:

Alittle drilling action

I took this pic to show how far in the holes needed to be drilled, but you can't read it :(

Rapid tap is the best stuff in the world!!

Front bracket

Carpet out.

Had to widen this hole out and bolt in here.
Seatinstall004.jpg

Seatinstall005.jpg

Seat in with bracket. The brackets will be coming out soon, and getting cleaned up, sanded round, and powder coated.

Seat belt. Seat belt bolts to the seat in the NSX, but to the car in the S2000. This is the only way I could find to mount the seat belt. This took the longest time to figure out. I thought I was going to have to fab a bracket for it, but this worked out very well.
I will be trimming the plastic cover to fit over this.

Seats in

Haha, wow, this may be an old thread, but I was the second s2000 owner to trade my seats for his Sparcos.
The original silver S didn't want the Sparcos anymore, so I traded my seats to him.

Regarding the post above mine, IIRC, he used a nut and washer on the underside of the car.

Back