• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can S2000 seats fit in the NSX?

S2000 seats CAN fit in the NSX! Pics at bottom!

I decided to sell my Sparco EVO 2's to a guy with an S2000 (my old S2000 actually :) ) . So part of out trade was he gave me his stock S2000 seats plus cash. My stock NSX seats are very worn and I have always loved the look of the S2000 seats and these are in perfect condition. I put the passengers seat in and it looks awesome.
So my question is, has anyone tried to fit S2000 seats in the NSX? If so, how did they bolt them in? I did a search and it did not turn anything up.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
You have the seats, you tell us!

Inquiring minds want to know. Post some pics too!

What year S2000 seats are you putting in your NSX? Do you have to drill holes in your brackets? Do they just bolt up?

What year S2000 seats are you putting in your NSX? Do you have to drill holes in your brackets? Do they just bolt up?

They are from a '02 S2000.

The seats fit perfectly in the car, just don't know how I am going to bolt it in.
The bolts don't line up. I am going to have a bracket made to bolt the S2000 seats into the existing holes in the floor.
If all else fails, I could drill holes and bolt the seat in. I just do not want to drill holes in my car!

I will post pictures later today.

I really wanted to do this on my 91 when I had it, but nobody had seats laying around. Please post picks and specs as far as a ride height difference in the car etc..

With it sitting in the car right now, the height seems to be a small bit taller in the back, but shorter in the front (due to less slope on the S2000 seats) I will be fabricating a custom made mount this weekend and will let you know how it goes and what the height turns out to be.

I bet that looks great. Post up some pics!

They are in and look great! I took lots of pics of the process and will post them later.

Sweet! Aren't they lighter than the stock NSX seats? Cheap with quality weight savings. Now if someone could just get the S2000 steering wheel to work:biggrin:

Here is how I mounted my S2000 seats in my NSX. Sorry they are not the best pictures, but it will at least give you an idea of how it was done.

The comparison :smile:
CIMG0463.jpg

Marking out the new seat on my template
CIMG0469.jpg

You can see they were very close at the back
CIMG0471.jpg

CIMG0472.jpg

The seat out. Yes, I know, the carpet is getting replaced next with NSX-R red carpet from SOS
CIMG0475.jpg

This is my original bracket, but I realized that it would fit without this bracket :rolleyes:
CIMG0478.jpg

Alittle drilling action
CIMG0482.jpg

I took this pic to show how far in the holes needed to be drilled, but you can't read it :(
CIMG0484.jpg

Rapid tap is the best stuff in the world!!
CIMG0485.jpg

Front bracket
Seatinstall001.jpg

Seatinstall002.jpg

Carpet out.
Seatinstall003.jpg

Had to widen this hole out and bolt in here.
Seatinstall004.jpg

Seatinstall005.jpg

Seat in with bracket. The brackets will be coming out soon, and getting cleaned up, sanded round, and powder coated.
CIMG0501.jpg

Seat belt. Seat belt bolts to the seat in the NSX, but to the car in the S2000. This is the only way I could find to mount the seat belt. This took the longest time to figure out. I thought I was going to have to fab a bracket for it, but this worked out very well.
I will be trimming the plastic cover to fit over this.
Seatinstall009.jpg

Seats in
n832853571_219569_6273.jpg

Last edited:
You have better taste than him!

Nicely done. The S2000 seats looks pretty good on the NSX.

You have better taste than him!
Thanks! What you can't see is has stickers all over it, and the soft top is ripped :(

Great creative answers to the installation problems. Nice job.
Thanks! It required a few hours work, but was very much worth it in the end!

Nicely done. The S2000 seats looks pretty good on the NSX.
I thought so too. Look a lot better than my worn out stock seats!:smile:

Hey nice job, I remember when I had the s2000 the seats didn't seem to be as comfortable as the NSX's though. However I always factored in that the ride quality and the fact that there was not much room for the chairs to recline back may have compromised the comfort. Are the S2000 seats more comfortable now that they're in the NSX?

Hey nice job, I remember when I had the s2000 the seats didn't seem to be as comfortable as the NSX's though. However I always factored in that the ride quality and the fact that there was not much room for the chairs to recline back may have compromised the comfort. Are the S2000 seats more comfortable now that they're in the NSX?

They are comfortable. I can lean them back more than I could in the S. They do ride a little rougher, but it's not bad.

um...that seat belt WILL NOT hold in a wreck.....

the front bracket will hold the seat down, but in a wreck..that thing is not going to hold....

nice idea, glad you did it, but i would rethink the safety of some of your choices..

Good idea, and thanks for the write-up.

I agree with 01blacks4 though - definitely need to redo the seat belt anchor. That won't take any load in an accident. Maybe the next easiest thing to do is bolt it under the seat on the mount you made with some nice big washers?

Thanks. That is the goal for this weekend. That is what I will try first. If not, I will make a bracket that is attached to the bolt.

And I would love to make them for a GB if there was enough interest.

Seat in with bracket. The brackets will be coming out soon, and getting cleaned up, sanded round, and powder coated.
CIMG0501.jpg

Great write up and idea. I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Please clearify, for the rear hole, you don't need a braket right? and for the front, you are not using the stock hole that angles 45 degree right?

i am wondering is there any aftermarket braket/rail can be use as a adaptor.

Back