• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Canadian NSX Availability Information

You the man, that is great!
When I asked about info back a few years, they told me that the info was on old 286's and would take a lot to get into. So who you dating or paying off dude?
Trev
I'll take a copy of that data when you get it.

Trev-

No connections! Just got onto the right person I guess. We had a 20+ minute phone call where I took her thru NSX Prime and had her look at the Production Numbers page where Ben collated all of the U.S. Car information. She then got an idea of what we are trying to capture.

At first she and other rep's were hesitant to release information as they assume we want personal details of NSX owners which I quickly squashed. We only want production info and possible VIN info.

Let's see what she sends me...fingers crossed.

I just found my Canadian 05 Acura All-Line brochure from the Edmonton 05 Auto show. I will scan it at work and take some photos.
This is printed in Canada 12/04
7565B007E
Trev

Update...

I received some NSX Canadian Sales Numbers from Honda Canada but they are not able to give me colors by year or transmission by year!:mad:

I have submitted the sales numbers onto the WIKI here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

I'm still trying to gather this info!:smile:

Does this info show how many were sold per year (ie someone bough a 2005 model in 2006 and it shows up as a 2006 model)? Or someone bought a 2002 model in 2004 and it shows it as a 2004 model sale?

In the USA and Canada, every car has a fixed year of manufacture that is decided by the manufacturer when the car is built, subject to certain rules. I own a BMW which was built in 1996 as a 96. After it was built the VIN was replaced and the car became a 1997 BMW. The year it was sold new could have been 1999 and it would still be a 1997. A 2005 NSX is a 2005 NSX no matter when it was sold.

In the USA and Canada, every car has a fixed year of manufacture that is decided by the manufacturer when the car is built, subject to certain rules. I own a BMW which was built in 1996 as a 96. After it was built the VIN was replaced and the car became a 1997 BMW. The year it was sold new could have been 1999 and it would still be a 1997. A 2005 NSX is a 2005 NSX no matter when it was sold.

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I was under the impression that 2005 was the last model year yet the link says otherwise. Since I don't think too many people actually clicked the link here it is:

ProdNum.jpg

It says there are two 2006 model cars.

Totally bumping this thread!

Ben and I have been in touch with an Acura dealership in Canada that's given us the color and transmission of the NSX's sold in Canada between 2001 and 2005. Would you believe it appears 2 Canadian Imola Orange/Onyx interior NSX's were sold in 2002!!!

Where are these cars?

Anyway I'm sure Ben will post up the results of this information in the WIKI when its put into spreadsheet format. He's still working on the 1991 thru 2000 VINs...

Finally it looks as though we'll be able to match the US production number graph with a Canadian one!!!

That car has a orange interior.

Thanks Angus, do you know this guy, Not sure why I didn't get the shinny on him in Kelowna. Why did you not come to Terry's, did you leave by then or had other plans.
This year we can rip up his house doing shots and drinking his excellent Ceasars he whips up. I have 3 placed on order right now, so there is no standing in line.
Trev

Totally bumping this thread!

Ben and I have been in touch with an Acura dealership in Canada that's given us the color and transmission of the NSX's sold in Canada between 2001 and 2005. Would you believe it appears 2 Canadian Imola Orange/Onyx interior NSX's were sold in 2002!!!

Where are these cars?

Anyway I'm sure Ben will post up the results of this information in the WIKI when its put into spreadsheet format. He's still working on the 1991 thru 2000 VINs...

Finally it looks as though we'll be able to match the US production number graph with a Canadian one!!!

Many thanks to Jetpilot3 and his contact at the dealer for providing this information.

So far, after reviewing the data, it looks like we were only given the interior colors of the cars. I'm hoping he can fill in the blanks about the exterior color also.

So, what this means is that the 2 Imola 2002s are actually orange interiors. But, there's a chance that one of the black interior cars might be Imola on the exterior. :cool:

One imola car out east in Nova Scotia I believe. Unsure of interior color - but I think *but do not know* that all of the 02 cars for Canada were ordered with colored interiors.

^ Correct except one of the 2002 cars was New Formula Red with Black interior.

The Laguna Blue Pearl cars all were sold with a Black interior which is a shame as the blue interior is kinda nice.

We've now received all interior and exterior color information as of last evening. So the two Imolas are Orange interiored cars. Whew! Mine's still pretty rare...hehe.:smile:

Ben will post up the findings in the WIKI soon...but he's still working on the 91-99 MY NSX's...

Last edited:
Back