• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Canadian NSX Availability Information

Ben

Experienced Member
As some of you may know, I made a list of the production numbers for the U.S. spec NSXs broken down by color/interior/transmission combos.

I'm now doing the same for the Canadian spec cars.

Does any one have any information on the availability of NSX hardtop Coupes for Canada? Did they mirror the US availability (up to 2001), or were they available in Canada for 2002 and beyond? Or did Canada only get NSX-Ts from 2002-2005 just like U.S.?

Did Canada get a Zanardi edition? Or any other special edition throughout the production run?

If anyone has any Canadian NSX brochures of any year, that would also be a great help if they could be scanned so I can get the color/interior/transmission availability information.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The last hardtop available was a 1994. You could not order a hardtop after that year. The optional automatic was discontinued, unavailable, well before 2005.

The last hardtop available was a 1994. You could not order a hardtop after that year. The optional automatic was discontinued, unavailable, well before 2005.

Actually, from my research so far, there is at least 1 2005 Automatic T out there.

Ben, I'll check my files and see what I can provide for Canadian Spec NSX.

Here is what i know so far..

- We did not get any Zanardi Edition in Canada.

91-94 Coupe

95-2005 - T-Tops

I have a 2002 Canadian Brochure and the Hard cover book

The NSX Club of Canada have reproduce a Hard Cover Book that covers the NSX Overview - Design & Development. This book was only given to dealers.

1991 Exterior/interior Colors and trim;

Formula Red Charcoal Black or Ivory
Berlina Black Charcoal Black or Ivory
Sebring silver Charcoal Black or Ivory

I also have some numbers for the number of cars sold for certain years.

I'll update the thread, with more info.

Bram

Ben I have e-mailed Matt at Westside Acura and he's presently trying to dig up information from Honda/Acura Canada. I'll send him a mail and ask what's happened so far.

Perhaps a member in Toronto can also check with Honda/Acura Canada and see if someone there with the knowledge can help us all out. I bet Honda/Acura knows exactly how many NSX's were sold in Canada and in what option...just need to find someone at Head office that can help us.

Ben I have e-mailed Matt at Westside Acura and he's presently trying to dig up information from Honda/Acura Canada. I'll send him a mail and ask what's happened so far.

Perhaps a member in Toronto can also check with Honda/Acura Canada and see if someone there with the knowledge can help us all out. I bet Honda/Acura knows exactly how many NSX's were sold in Canada and in what option...just need to find someone at Head office that can help us.

It's doubtful that someone at the head office would help us if they are anything like American Honda. I think our best bet is finding someone at a dealer in Canada that can run a list of VINs to get the color/interior/transmission combo. I'm currently building a master VIN list for Canadian cars, which shouldn't take too long, since if I'm not mistaken, there were only a few hundred Canadian spec cars. Once we have that list, I think dealers have the ability to run the VIN and pull the info. The information I need now to build the complete VIN list is what I had requested, which is what transmission, roof, and special edition options were available for which years.

Last edited:
Those are fighting words!!!
We should have rumbled when we had a chance! lol
I have #45 Red/Black/5Speed from 91 for your records.
JN4NA1152MT800045
Trev
p.s. I am friends the Fab, the service manager at Southside, if we need to run a few vins in the end.

Last edited:
Those are fighting words!!!
We should have rumbled when we had a chance! lol
I have #45 Red/Black/5Speed from 91 for your records.
JN4NA1152MT800045
Trev
p.s. I am friends the Fab, the service manager at Southside, if we need to run a few vins in the end.

Thanks for the update! I'll let you know if we need help running some VINs. I don't suppose you could send me a picture of the doorjamb VIN label with the production date, could you? If so, PM me.

YES, and I'll sign over the pick slip to you as well.
Who needs this Red Terd! Its nothing but problems anyways!!! lol
Send me an email to trev at etpl.ca
Trev

Ben, I have placed a call into Honda Canada, to see what they can provide with respect to providing information on NSX's sold in Canada. They are generally reluctant with providing customer information, we"ll see.

The initial number that I have been given is 763 NSX's sold during the 15 years run, I'm not sure how many of these car's are still in Canada or on the road.

During the past two years, Canadian, have imported a number of NSX's from the US, however, these VIN's will not be in Honda Canada database.

I'll keep updating the thread.

Bram

Ben, I have placed a call into Honda Canada, to see what they can provide with respect to providing information on NSX's sold in Canada. They are generally reluctant with providing customer information, we"ll see.

Bram,

Thanks for all your help. That said, unless you know someone on the inside, I'd generally advise against requesting information from official channels. Sometimes, not only will they not help you, but they may even try to thwart your efforts. Our best best is to fly under the radar, and see if anyone knows someone at a dealer that can run the VINs for us to get the color/interior/transmission information for each VIN. I've got a fairly reliable source for the Canada VINs, and I'm working on building that list now. Once it's done, hopefully we have someone ready to run VINs for us. :smile:

Ben, did not get your email yet, so i can email you pic of sill.
trev

Update...

I received a mail back from Matt at Westside Acura in Edmonton stating that he hasn't heard back from his contact at Acura. I've stated in a particular e-mail to Matt that we are not concerned with any customer information, simply the VIN's sold in Canada inconjunction with the exterior/interior/options available in that particular year. The e-mail was actually more specific but broke the information down we are looking for in an easy manner to gather and investigate.

I've even said I'd fly to Toronto to meet with a representative from Acura in order to view the option lists or help gather the information to better ease the process.

Hopefully we get somewhere with this!

There are many Canadian Cars in the US. Back when the US dollar was strong compared to the Canadian (like now again) many cars when to the US as Americans were getting a deal on the exchange and Canadian's were getting premium dollars.
One such example is Ms. Purple!! (Canadian Car in CA Bay area)

Ben, you may just want to put out a request on forums for info on Canadian Cars. ( You may have already)

i work for acura woodbine and i would be happy to help out with any information you need

Are you able to run VINs to get the color/interior/transmission combo information?

Also, do you have the information for which colors/trims/models/transmissions were available for each year? Any brochures that can be scanned?

Thanks!

Are you able to run VINs to get the color/interior/transmission combo information?

yes i can

Also, do you have the information for which colors/trims/models/transmissions were available for each year?

i dont i can try to see what honda will give me

Any brochures that can be scanned?

Thanks!

i have 2 years of books but no scanner

Anyone in the Toronto are have a scanner? :)

So, can I PM you a few VINs to run?

Thanks!

There are many Canadian Cars in the US. Back when the US dollar was strong compared to the Canadian (like now again) many cars when to the US as Americans were getting a deal on the exchange and Canadian's were getting premium dollars.
One such example is Ms. Purple!! (Canadian Car in CA Bay area)

Ben, you may just want to put out a request on forums for info on Canadian Cars. ( You may have already)

Is that the 95 Canadian press car #1? in purple? I drove that car.

Is that the 95 Canadian press car #1? in purple? I drove that car.

That car is actually local to me, so I can confirm that it is not the 1995 Canadian Press Car.

I've got a representative from Acura Canada working on this information.

She's trying to access the information and hopefully have someone contact me regarding the Canadian cars. I was able to have her take a look at the Wiki and explained what we are looking for. She seemed to understand and think it was cool...fingers crossed.

Update...Nov.27th

A representative from Honda Canada said after investigating this matter she will e-mail me a spreadsheet and attach information regarding every single NSX sold in Canada from 1991 to 2005.

She mentioned that in the earlier years the information wasn't collected in the same format so they will attempt to put it all together for us.

I'll update the WIKI once I receive the e-mail.

Exciting!:biggrin:

Jetpilot

Back