• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Cannot remove one cable from the stock deck

I'am removing the factory deck. The other cable's were easy to remove click and done but one cable is build in back of the deck. Can I cut it? Where is this cable going? Maybe antenna. I'am taking everything out deck, door speakers, sub and cd player so I'am wondering if I cut it to remove the deck will it be o.k?Thanks.

I'am removing the factory deck. The other cable's were easy to remove click and done but one cable is build in back of the deck. Can I cut it? Where is this cable going? Maybe antenna. I'am taking everything out deck, door speakers, sub and cd player so I'am wondering if I cut it to remove the deck will it be o.k?Thanks.

What do you mean cut?? The antenna wire is removable. Either directly from the back of the deck (pulls out) or a BR further up it comes apart like a pigtail. You don't need to cut anything.

there are only 4 plugs on the back of the stock radio.

main harness
main power ant reception hole
secondary antenna plug
and Cd changer ( din plug )

I wouldnt cut anything just unplug it. if anything feels stuck use a small flathead screwdriver to pry it slowly to get it out.

or use more muscle than what your using now LOL

There is a 3 inch cable ruining from the deck than a black vacum tight looks like factory done like ( electric tape ) but not electric tape thats attached to a grey cable running through the console toward the trunk.

Why dont you post a picture so we know exactly where your problem is before you cut anything.

I believe the rear window antenna is a tail off the deck. The connector plug is probably where you said it looks like it goes into electrical tape.

Mike

Thank you to all who posted. I did NOT cut any cables. The one that looked odd was I guess you wound call it a RCA cable that all i had to do was pull harder and it came apart so I'am happy again thanks everyone.

Back