• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car computer project

I have a side project I have been working on for the last few months to put a computer in my NSX. It will give me the ability to play MP3's, Listen to XM radio, surf the internet, watch DVD's, but best of all it will have GPS navigation with voice guidance. I have finished the protoytpe unit and it is getting installed this week. I would be interested to know if anyone out there has a similar setup in their NSX. Here are a few pics of us putting the system in, hopefully it will be done by this weekend. I will post completed pics then. I am trying to get everything done on the car before NSXPO. I am still fighting with the xeon headlight issue but hopefully everything will come together by the end of next week.

Attachments

• audio alram install view 1.jpg
    audio alram install view 1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 427
I built one about 4 years ago, so didn't have my NSX...
It was the same size as a 1DIN stereo. (fits in the stereo slot) Even the power supply was inside the casing (works off 12v battery with proper protection for surges.) 3.5 inch VGA screen... in pieces in my little workshop at the moment. I might rebuild it again : )

One word.....WOW! Looks like an excellent project to go with an excellent looking car! Good luck and can't wait to see the outcome....
Regards
Z

That's an awesome looking car! I love the hood slots.

i bought the car computer from xenarc with the 7" high brightness(>400 nit) touch screen. the computer is 1 1/2 " thick, 10 " long, and 5" wide. it has 4 usb, firewire, parallel,serial ports, dvd and sound card. p4 with 60 gb hd. runs off 12 volts and is ready to go. it fits in the glove box without modification. check it out at xenarc.com. i will also be using it for music, but it will also keep realtime data from my fjo wideband 02 moniter for my FI a/f ratios to keep an eye out for rich/lean issues. a cradle for your cell phone will give you dial up net access, as well as the nav stuff. i look forward to seeing your screen install, in my opinion the navpod sets to high on the dash and does not fit the dash gauge contour. i hope to reproduce that arch with a custom job to better blend in the screen with the center vent and clock removed. good luck. any helpful hints will be appreciated.

how true, but real time a/f and on the fly tuning? the rest is graaaavy!

Back