• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car was stolen yesterday JH4NA1154MT001089

Well, I lived in Sin City for years and never had any problems. I am in Atlanta for 5 months as my NSX gets stolen, from my suburban work parking garage no less, under the nose of several rent a cops. Let me list the ways in which this sucks- would be kinda funny if my X wasnt gone:

1) Just picked the car up that morning, had new clutch and Bilstiens put in it (lower perch). Looked killer and for the hour I drove it, big improvement over stock. So, $ 3,200 worth of repairs I enjoyed for about an hour.

2) I hardly ever drive the NSX to work as I have several cars. Probably have not driven it to the office in a couple of months.

3) This is a very nice office complex, according to security they have never had a car stolen, cops were not aware of one either. This is not the hood.

4) Nothing like watching the security cam (after the fact, of course) and seeing your NSX being driven off by a douchebag.

I had in insured at a predetermined amount which will cover the car and mods OK, but I have to tell you I dont have the heart to jump right in again. Probably going to wait until Spring.

Anyone else think it's kinda funny it gets jacked a couple hours after I leave the shop? Connection? From my work in Vegas, my feeling is most
significant crimes are inside jobs.

Re: Car was stolen yesterday

that really sucks man... by the looks of your avatar, if you find the guys ho did it, you should sick your girl on them!

(is that an M-4 with mods)

hmmm.... it does sound like an inside job - wouldnt the alarm have gone off??

Exotic cars tend to rarely get stolen - reason being that they stand out like a sore thumb and attract too much notice.

They can get stolen for parts, but even then, one would think that could be traced.

good luck - i hope they find the bastards!

-Will

Sorry about your nsx...you saw who took it on the security tapes? I had my integra totalled the day after I spent alot on repair work done so I can understand how you feel. I hope they find your car.

I too think it smells like someone was tipped off the car would be there. I would have one of my friends go to the shop you had the stuff installed at and inquire about NSX's and if they knew of any for sale in the area. Never know it might lead to something.

It's curious, you cant register or sell a stolen car easily, NSX is not really a good candidate for chop shop, who knows. All the little a-holes grow up playing Grand Theft Auto, Doom, etc and think its all a game.

WOW!!! sorry to hear that... :redface:

but glad to see that your taking this very well.

Plenty of NSX's waiting for u to purchase. :smile:

but WAIT!!!... did u see of the guy broke in your car???
Similar senario happnd to a frnd of mine. he had a Civic, took it to a shop to have his mods done, installed lowerd springs and wheels(with wheel locks).
then same night his car was stolen from his driveway. he also had a club (the kind u lock on the steering wheel)
later on that next day the car was found, stipped and also cops recoverd that the club was in the back seat intack also the steering wheel was not cut to remove the club. That only tells you one thing.

the Theif had keys to the car, wheels and club.

make the story short. cops found that the person who stole the car was one of the shop workers.
:mad:

good luck!!!

Wouldn't say I'm happy about it, but what can ya do- it's a car. I am sure
the little prick who stole it will be gang raped in prison at some point....most crooks get caught doing something illegal eventually.

Sorry to hear that bro but I do have one question, where did you get the clutch done? Apparently, your mechanic looks very suspicious. Maybe it's time to get Lo-Jack where they can trace the location of your car.

Sorry about the car, man. Did the rent-a-cops have a good reason why their heads were so far up their butts that they did not notice your car getting stolen?? :mad:

lynching...

Very unfortanate, I'm rather perturbed sitting here and reading that. Sure, alot of emotion is due to the passion we all have for the NSX, but then also alot of it is just the inability to comprehend such pathetic acts of spineless, worthless people.

Monday morning quarterback'ing here... I still firmly believe the most visible & successful theft deterrent for us is a removable steering-wheel. The exposed hub leaves the scoundrel lost & confused. Unless it's premeditated/planned, 99.999% chance the inmate-2-b won't be prepared (ie. tools/steering wheel on hand). I know, it's almost like giving in to the scum & scurge who meander around, but it's effective.

Any details you can provide the 'Prime community w/ would be beneficial to all regarding your NSX... no detail is considered too small! (ex. scratches, dents, notable characteristics, wear-n-tear, parts/mods, serial #'s, personal mods', etc)

VIN is JH4NA1154MT001089
Red/black
Work Anhelo wheels, Khumo tires
RM exhaust
RM NOS system
Just about perfect condition
New Spec clutch and Bilstiens

I will be checking Ebay, count on it

Cops busted a luxury car theft ring here a few years ago, sadly not that
uncommon.

Only good thing is they have a really good video of the theft.

kouasupra said:
Sorry to hear that bro :frown: , I never drive my NSX to work :smile:

Yeah, THAT comment really helps him out!! Why dont you just poke him in the eye, and then tell him its his fault for not wearing glasses!! :rolleyes:

Vegas Boy..Sorry to hear about the theft! Really hope the people that did this get whats coming to them, and you get your/A car back for handling it with such class and perspective!!

Dont know what to even say - just horrible. Money can't begin to replace all the personal time, effort & love expended.

It's just not right <!--StartFragment -->
crap.gif

I have a Clifford AG4 alarm that I suggest for you in the future. It requires you to punch in a button sequence otherwise it will shut down the car. You can easily turn off this feature when the car is at the valet/the shop etc.

Good luck finding the crooks though!!

Jeff

Sorry to hear about your car - maybe it will be found soon.

Semnos_NSX said:
People who still cars should be shot then eaten!!!!
(Was that harsh?)

What the hell is a person who "stills" cars? "Steal" is not that difficult of a word to spell, is it?

(Was that harsh?)

Vegas Boy said:
I am in Atlanta for 5 months as my NSX gets stolen .
Ahh.. that would kill me.

Not that this does any good now but , if I am ever away from my car for longer than a few hours or in a mall or unfamilar place I pull fuses. It works.
-j

if I am ever away from my car for longer than a few hours or in a mall or unfamilar place I pull fuses. It works.

LOL! My friend's dad does that! Sometimes he just unplugs the starter...

Dude, that sux sorry to hear about that. Ironic is what comes to mind when you are talking about only being able to enjoy it for a few hours after you just put money into it. Would be the same thing if mine got stolen after I just spent so much time replacing the timing belt and water pump. I try and find humor in irony, otherwise it just sux. I hope you get your car back soon and in good condition.

Hmm...for them to have come and gotten it in a garage is pretty ballsy.

Usually, tho, yes, people in heists like this get tipped. It could have been a coworker, though, too. Unless the shop guys know where you work. A car in an underground garage isn't visible to passersby.

A person in this office may know somebody who knows somebody. I am familiar with other ripoffs like this, for example of high-end video editing equipment, where the person seemed to know just exactly what to steal. I mean, what are the odds, right, that they'd break into the right building and steal the right stuff like that?

Don't you have an alarm/immobilizer on it?

Back