• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car won't start after front end damage?

Well as a few of you already know..... My car incurred some front end damage this past weekend when I was at the beach. While I was taking a shower after being at the beach all day, a friend of a friend decided to take my car for a spin right into the curb. The front end is all screwed up and will need a new bumper, radiator, front mount (ordered a new one today), core support?.......

So I had the car towed to the body shop and when they tried to start it today, guess what? It won't start!@#$ I went to the shop and confirmed this, and indeed it won't start. It cranks and I can smell fuel, but thats it. Any ideas before I have to have it towed again?

The car has a BBSC w/AEM and all the other associated goodies.

Any suggestions are welcome!

I recommend that your "friend" pays for EVERYTHING, and that you judiciously rethink who drives your car from now on.

Sorry, I have no input on why the car won't start.

That's just it..... I didn't let him take the car! He took it while I was in the shower and brought it back in its current condition. Oh and I'm sure that my insurance company will recoup their money from him in some way shape or form!

What is this guys view on the matter.

Does he plan to pay up.

How good of a friend is your friend, who's friend this clown is.

What is his story of what happened? :eek: :eek:

Unreal.

Well as a few of you already know..... My car incurred some front end damage this past weekend when I was at the beach. While I was taking a shower after being at the beach all day, a friend of a friend decided to take my car for a spin right into the curb. The front end is all screwed up and will need a new bumper, radiator, front mount (ordered a new one today), core support?.......

So I had the car towed to the body shop and when they tried to start it today, guess what? It won't start!@#$ I went to the shop and confirmed this, and indeed it won't start. It cranks and I can smell fuel, but thats it. Any ideas before I have to have it towed again?

The car has a BBSC w/AEM and all the other associated goodies.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Fuel or spark. Find out which you are not getting and then go from there.

Well the car has now been moved to another shop and the insurance company did its preliminary estimate. $11,000! Keep in mind that they haven't even disasembled the car yet.

Now as far as the guy that did this.... His stand is that he wanted to reimburse me for the damages. I don't think he realizes how much it will cost. My lawyer has advised me to go through my insurance company to ensure that everything is fixed and paid for.(the insurance follows the car, not the driver!@#$) Since he didn't have permission to drive the car, my insurance company will recoup their money from him or his insurance company.

I'm going to see it tomorrow and go over the damages. Wish me luck!

Maybe the grounding came loose or something popped in the fuse box under the hood. Good luck with the repair and let me know if you need a hand beating up your "friend". :D

-ak

Sounds like a good time for an 02 conversion!:biggrin:

Sticky situation.

If your roommate has insurance coverage of his own, I doubt it will it be primary or even involved when there is unauthorized use.

I have seen coverage follow the driver when there is authorized use but that may be something you won't want to grant or your coverage could be denied from your own carrier.

Personally I would not grant the least bit of consideration to this roommate and would have pressed theft charges if the circumstance left that option available. The inconsideration, indifference and arrogance of this person to take and operate your car without your permission is something I could not let go. I would not want them living with me after something like this and the friendship would definitely be over. Who needs people like that?

Were there any charge filed against this person by you or the police?

Back