• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Caravan to Concorso Italiano 2008

Caravan down to Concorso Italiano.

Meet at Flames Coffee Shop next to Santana Row San Jose. On Winchester Blvd.

Departure from flames to Marina Airport 7:30AM

The Consorso Italiano starts at 9:30 AM

MAP to the Marina Airport

1)NSFRBLX
2)
3)

Last edited:
1)NSFRBLX
2)BluryNSX
3)02#154

Danny,

What time are you leaving Fremont? Want to roll up to Santana Row together?

J

1)NSFRBLX
2)BluryNSX
3)02#154
4)NSX-Tuner
5)BATMANs

Isn't 8am a little late?

If you want to see some cars open up on the freeway the 6am shift is ideal.

But the big motivator is avoiding the following:

1. Commute traffic
2. Freeways and roads leading to the event become parking lots since you are mixed in with the display cars as well as the spectators.....

Danny,

What time are you leaving Fremont? Want to roll up to Santana Row together?

J

I was gonna call you today to ask about that you beat me to it :p but yah that will work well!

Danny, don't forget to bring my radio.
ACTAULLY IT WAS IN MY CAR THAT NIGHT! it slid behind the seat and when I got home it slid back out lol. yah I will bring it for sure..

which bring up club radio's carlos?? incase we get any assholes we can block em in hahah j/k

Isn't 8am a little late?

If you want to see some cars open up on the freeway the 6am shift is ideal.

But the big motivator is avoiding the following:

1. Commute traffic
2. Freeways and roads leading to the event become parking lots since you are mixed in with the display cars as well as the spectators.....

I was also thinking about that, should we head out sooner?? I say we get some freeway flying on video :biggrin:

If you leave at 730am, you guys would arrive about 9am? Taking the 101 S. to the 156 Monterey Peninsula. Be careful, once you get into the city of Marina, speed traps along the way to the Airport. Show starts at 9:30am, that would be cutting it close.

I have GPS on my Sprint PCS that's been pretty good in locating alternate routes when traffic conditions are less than desirable.

The Marina location is a new location so I really don't know how the traffic will fare.

It might be smooth and it might be chaotic.

Driving directions to the event:

781 Neeson Rd, Marina, CA 93933 is 68.7 mi – about 1 hour 19 mins (with regular traffic conditions).

Last edited:
1)NSFRBLX
2)BluryNSX
3)02#154
4)NSX-Tuner
5)BATMANs
6)yojack1

so would anyone want to leave a little earlier? I really wanna drive together but the more I look at the distance and how popular this event is I keep thinking that is cutting it very close and more time to clean after that drive would seem better to me.

so would anyone want to leave a little earlier? I really wanna drive together but the more I look at the distance and how popular this event is I keep thinking that is cutting it very close and more time to clean after that drive would seem better to me.

I'd be willing to leave at an earlier time.

I'd prefer earlier also. Anyone have an alternate time suggestion?

J

7am at the latest would be my opinion... and as far as route I will be driving with my silly LIP 101 is seeming to be the most predictable route plus should be reverse traffic(I hate parking lot traffic in the X), the 17 to 1 route seems a bit rougher the last time I drove that way.

If 7am is latest, is 6:45 better? Anyone want to be leaving the coffee shop by 6:45? I'd rather be early and have time to wipe off whatever junk I pick up on the drive there than be rushing to get placed. Heck, I can make up for lost sleep in the car if we're *really* early :tongue:

J

If 7am is latest, is 6:45 better? Anyone want to be leaving the coffee shop by 6:45? I'd rather be early and have time to wipe off whatever junk I pick up on the drive there than be rushing to get placed. Heck, I can make up for lost sleep in the car if we're *really* early :tongue:

J

I don't car I am ussually at work by 7am so we could leave at 6 and I would be fine :p

you guys still wanna meet at santana row?

1)NSFRBLX
2)BluryNSX
3)02#154
4)NSX-Tuner
5)BATMANs
6)yojack1
7) Jill D.

Noticed the time changed to leave at 7:30. Notified Jill since she does not visit the forum.

Caravan down to Concorso Italiano.

Meet at Flames Coffee Shop next to Santana Row San Jose. On Winchester Blvd.

Departure from flames to Marina Airport 7:30AM

The Consorso Italiano starts at 9:30 AM

MAP to the Marina Airport

1) NSFRBLX
2) BluryNSX
3) 02#154
4) NSX-Tuner
5) BATMANs
6) yojack1
7) Jill D.

NOTE: Bring sun screen, hat, water and folding chairs :D

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents, but another plus in leaving/arriving early is that since the event doesn't open to the public until 9:30AM, you are able to get a head start at looking at all of the cars in the show before the general public. This is a big deal if you plan on taking pictures without anyone stepping in front of your camera right before you take the shot. The past 3 years Otto and I were able to take all of our pics before the event opened to the public.

I'm going to try and make it to the coffee shop in time to enjoy breakfast.

I've been on-call this week and have had my sleep interrupted every night so far.

May be tough to get up early on Friday especially after staying up late detailing the X !!:eek:

Plan to leave no later than 7:30AM that should leave us enough time.

Any earlier... I'd drive up the night before and get a room somewhere...:rolleyes::tongue::wink:

Back