• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber Dash kit

I know that RM makes carbon fiber dash kit for NSX. Is there any other company that makes the carbon fiber dash kit for NSX? For those of you have the kit, how do you like it?
The reason why I'm looking for one is when I had my CD deck installed, the mechanic cut my center dash in order to make it fit. Now there're two gaps on my center dash wrapped by two black type and that looks UGLY! Now I want to put back the stock one so I'm thinking getting the carbon fiber dash kit to cover the gaps instead of fixing them.

I'd have hung that mechanic by his balls.... and I'm not exaggerating...How dare he!!!!!

------------------
nsx_02.jpg

Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

yeah, i'd beat that mechanic too...anyway, I got the dash kit by http://www.legendfive.com/ which (I believe) is the same dash kit that RM sells, but it's only $349. How do I know they're the same? I looked at the installation directions on RM's page and they're the same as the page that came with my kit. legendfive doesn't make them, it was actually drop shipped from a shop in florida. Fit and finish is very good, the color is nice too in a black interior.

uberjeph, which one did you get? black carbon fiber or silver and black carbon?
If they're exactly the same as what RM sells, then I'll go for the cheaper one.

[This message has been edited by NSEX (edited 23 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by NSEX (edited 23 January 2001).]

Contrary to what that site has pictures of, there's only one color--black carbon fiber. I talked to a sales person there about it and that's the case. It's a layer of carbon fiber coated w/ a thick layer of some kinda resin. My guess is that the Comptech kit is the same one. I could take some pictures if you'd like.

NSEX, just wanted to comment that your Silver NSX is sweet. Also, have you considered the billet aluminum dash kit available thru Legend 5 & RM? That be a nice compliment to the Sebring Silver exterior. Also,Legend 5, has 2 templates for the NSX kit, one only has 3 pcs. the main center console & left/right door sills, I believe this kit is the $350 one. I would personally go w/ the full kit which also includes the piece around the clock & vents, ashtray lid, & around the gauge console for a complete look, last I inquired this kit is special order & around $475.

uberjeph, from the pic on the Legend 5 webiste, the black carbon fiber isn't really obvious. How many pieces do they have? yeah, I would be really appreciated if you post some pix!
smile.gif

QWKSLVR, thanks for the compliement!
I'd prefer carbon fiber to billet aluminum dash it because it looks more racy and less ricey IMO. They're both great tho. I would definitely go with the full kit, but I remember from the previous post, someone said that the clock piece sticks out too much and it looks too much like stick on.
Do you have either the carbon fiber or aluminum dash kit on your NSX? If so, could you please post them? Thanks!

NSEX, I don't have a kit on my current NSX b/c I have altered the dash to install a single Alpine CD unit and a cupholder where the rectangular coin tray used to be. I did have the gray & black carbon fiber kit on my previous NSX dash and always regretted going for the 3 pc. in particular b/c the lack of the piece over the ashtray lid in itself made it obvious that it was an aftermarket stick on kit. I think yoiu might be able to see a pic of the complete carbon fiber kit installed if you check out David Nguyen's add for his '92 NSX in the Science of Speed classified.

to those who care...i ordered my CF dash kit from www.legendfive.com (in AZ) but the package came drop shipped from another company in florida. Well, turns out that company is www.superiordash.com (return addr. was to coastal designs, inc. in FL). Anyways, I bet that this company makes the kits for comptech, rm, legendfive, etc. If anyone wants to save a few hundred $$ over the comptech/rm dashes and get the same thing, i'd look into those guys...

Originally posted by uberjeph:
to those who care...i ordered my CF dash kit from www.legendfive.com (in AZ) but the package came drop shipped from another company in florida. Well, turns out that company is www.superiordash.com (return addr. was to coastal designs, inc. in FL). Anyways, I bet that this company makes the kits for comptech, rm, legendfive, etc. If anyone wants to save a few hundred $$ over the comptech/rm dashes and get the same thing, i'd look into those guys...
I emailed Superiordash yesterday and I got the reply back today.
From what Aaron told me, the price of the CF dash kit is 495$ which is about the same price as Comptech.

Back