• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

I am still waiting for the seller to answer all the questions that we have. I will update soon.

As far as the list goes, it's not really an official one, but I am kind of track the order of people expressing interest. Many of you have targa, so if the engine cover is not design for 95+ then the list will be shorter.

The seller is making the first 10 engine covers, and if the interest is high, he will continue to have more made.

Anyways, I will update again once I have more info.

I am still waiting for the seller to answer all the questions that we have. I will update soon.

As far as the list goes, it's not really an official one, but I am kind of track the order of people expressing interest. Many of you have targa, so if the engine cover is not design for 95+ then the list will be shorter.

The seller is making the first 10 engine covers, and if the interest is high, he will continue to have more made.

Anyways, I will update again once I have more info.
Put me down for the flat black if it fits the T!

I go to Bangkok quite often. NSXROC, if you PM me the contact details of the seller, I can arrange to check out the quality of his product and report back to you guys when i next visit Bangkok.

I go to Bangkok quite often. NSXROC, if you PM me the contact details of the seller, I can arrange to check out the quality of his product and report back to you guys when i next visit Bangkok.

I have asked the seller already and am waiting a response.

I have more info and some bad news.

*The engine cover is for the non targa.
*The carbon fiber version is 1.9 kg (without the mesh)
*The fiber glass flat black is 1.1 kg (without the mesh).
*The seller doesn't think the engine cover will clear the superchargers so if you want the engine cover, you will need to get it without the mesh. The price without the mesh is the same as the one with the mesh.
*The seller is waiting for the mesh to arrive to finish the engine cover. This will be done first part of March.
I am compiling a list to forward to the seller, so far I have the members in the list below. Some of the members have the targa so they might not consider getting the engine cover. So yay or nay, please update the list and the version that you would like

GOLDNSX
ZERO-COOL
CHRIS NSX Carbon fiber
SLOWNSXT
FRANK SPANO Carbon fiber
BPIDDY
AMGNSX
NA1MT
RYAN 1926 Flat black
JDMNSXR
BLODI Flat black
JIM Flat black
MATT 337
EXCELLON Carbon fiber
SHUMDIT Flat black

The seller will send me more pictures later. After we get a little bit more organized, I will post the seller's PayPal payment address.

Last edited:

*The fiber glass flat black is 2.7 kg (without the mesh).
*The seller doesn't think the engine cover will clear the superchargers so if you want the engine cover, you will need to get it without the mesh. The price without the mesh is the same as the one with the mesh.
*The seller is waiting for the mesh to arrive to finish the engine cover. This will be done first part of March.
I am compiling a list to forward to the seller, so far I have the members in the list below. Some of the members have the targa so they might not consider getting the engine cover. So yay or nay, please update the list and the version that you would like

GOLDNSX
ZERO-COOL
CHRIS NSX Carbon fiber
SLOWNSXT
FRANK SPANO Carbon fiber
BPIDDY
AMGNSX
NA1MT
RYAN 1926 Flat black
JDMNSXR
BLODI Flat black
JIM Flat black
MATT 337
EXCELLON Carbon fiber
SHUMDIT Flat black

The seller will send me more pictures later. After we get a little bit more organized, I will post the seller's PayPal payment address.

I guess it's a nay for me...I have a targa and a Supercharger. :frown:

Carbon w/mesh for me

Add me to the list for a gloss black with mesh for my '91.

Please remove my name from the list. International shipping is simply too high for me.

GOLDNSX
ZERO-COOL
CHRIS NSX Carbon fiber
SLOWNSXT
FRANK SPANO Carbon fiber
BPIDDY
AMGNSX
NA1MT
RYAN 1926 Flat black
JDMNSXR
BLODI Flat black
JIM Flat black
MATT 337
EXCELLON Carbon fiber
SHUMDIT Flat black

But... i don't understand.
The version in carbon is heavier of the fiber glass????

GOLDNSX
ZERO-COOL
CHRIS NSX Carbon fiber
SLOWNSXT
FRANK SPANO Carbon fiber
BPIDDY
AMGNSX
NA1MT
RYAN 1926 Flat black
JDMNSXR
BLODI Flat black
JIM Flat black
MATT 337
EXCELLON Carbon fiber
SHUMDIT Flat black

Keep me down for a flat black one....no targa or SC here.

I have more pictures.

10175Picture_201.jpg

10175Picture_199.jpg

10175Picture_196.jpg

10175Picture_200.jpg

10175Picture_202.jpg

10175Picture_203.jpg

The pics of the CF and flat is attached.

The seller didn't think the engine cover with mesh insert will clear the supercharger. He was referring to the Gruppe-M supercharger. We think the engine cover will work fine with the Comptech supercharger. The room between the top of the OEM intake cover and the grill is 6.5 cm.

Some of you were asking why the price is the same for with an without mesh inserts. I asked the seller about it and here is the revised pricing:

Flat Black with net is US $370 shipped
Flat black without net is US $340 shipped
CF with net is US $550 shipped
CF without net is US $520 shipped

The seller doesn't want to collect the funds until he has the first 10 units finished (this will be first part of March). A member is helping getting some pictures of the hinges for the targa. I think the seller might be able to modify the mounting of the hinges in the next batch. So those of you with targa, don't lose your hope just yet. :)

When the seller is ready to accept payments I will post the PayPal payment address.

So I have the updated list. Please continue to help updating the list.

CHRIS NSX CF
SLOWNSXT
FRANK SPANO CF
BPIDDY
AMGNSX
NA1MT CF
JDMNSXR
BLODI Flat Black
JIM Flat Black
EXCELLON CF
SURFSUP Glass Black

ROC, i am interested in flat black w/ Targa. It will probably be in the next batch, so keep a separate list for guys w/ Targas. I already saw 4 guys reneg due to targa, so it should be significant business if he can turn out out for the targa guys.

Wondering if the cover can withstand the hatch glass if the hatch doesn't stay open because of bad struts. And still wondering how flexible the area of the cover is where the hatch contacts the cover.
Very good project. If I can get 3 people here we could split the shipping costs.

Wondering if the cover can withstand the hatch glass if the hatch doesn't stay open because of bad struts. And still wondering how flexible the area of the cover is where the hatch contacts the cover.
Very good project. If I can get 3 people here we could split the shipping costs.

well...i'm in Portugal, and as i said you, i have a friend in Geneve..it would be awsome to work something out ;)

i would be interested in CF with Mesh... but i have a question that was posted before...
WHY IS THE CF HEAVIER THAN FB????
if it confirms...i will prefer FB, i'm more interested in lightness than CF looks :wink:

WHY IS THE CF HEAVIER THAN FB?

Because it is composite of Fiber glass and CF. Once the fiber glass (heat resistent FB) engine cover is made, there's an option to add on carbon fiber to the surface. This is why carbon fiber version is heavier.

Compare to stock engine cover, it is stll very much lighter.

you should ask if he's willing to give the center console a go... (in CF of course):wink:

Back