• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber front cowl

if and when you can post a pic of the CF cowl with the hood shut closed to see how much sneak peak we get of that CF, that'd be great... tahnks~!!!

Wow. I guess I have some work to do and a possible career change. :wink:

Just bear with me. My "dance card" is pretty full. Like I said, I'll try to get at least 2 done per week. I'll take some more pics when I get the first production part done.

Jeff

sweetness.... with the cowl along with your custom rear end conversions and NOT to mention the custom honda F1 brakes i think you might be in line for a career changed~!!! :wink:

One thing. I know that on ALL my regular old cars in the past and present, they draw air in through the cowl for the climate control. Now, I don't know about it on the nsx, but doesn't it do the same? How will it draw in air?

Yeah, kind of silly to quote myself but............ if it's sealed with the oem rubber gasket thing on the front, and having it pressed down as perfect form fitting on the rear, it won't allow air right? Then along with the suction/vacuum created by the fan motor, I don't think it will allow air to flow in from the outside of the car through the vent system.

Have you tried it yet Jeff?

Yeah, kind of silly to quote myself but............ if it's sealed with the oem rubber gasket thing on the front, and having it pressed down as perfect form fitting on the rear, it won't allow air right? Then along with the suction/vacuum created by the fan motor, I don't think it will allow air to flow in from the outside of the car through the vent system.

Have you tried it yet Jeff?

I have, it doesn't seem to effect the air volume. The cowl only sits tight to the body along the front (within the factory seal). There are many other small openings into that cavity. The other option would be to not install the gromits over the shock tower holes.

Hello,

Please put me down for one and let me know where to send payment.

Warmest regards,
brian

Clear coat it, and it will look much better. Gel coat will fade, and can scratch pretty easily, although you can buff it all out.

It will be fine with just gel coat, but clear coat will make it look like glass. Just my .02

Clear coat it, and it will look much better. Gel coat will fade, and can scratch pretty easily, although you can buff it all out.

It will be fine with just gel coat, but clear coat will make it look like glass. Just my .02

I agree. if anyone wants there's clearcoated I can have a body shop do it and just add it to the price. I'm sure if I walk in there with 5 pieces under my arm the cost per unit will be marginal.

Ok, here is the list then:

1. The Kid
2. Excellon
3. nsxot1c
4. NA1/2-R
5. scorp965
6. 92NSX
7. NSXROC
8. Zero-Cool
9. Fireballs_92nsx
10. SNDSOUL
11. UnhuZ
12. Diablo360
13. FuryNSX
14. fifthearth
15. ExoticMD
16. Chris NSX
17. nsxnovi2k
18. synergy004
19. vsy05
20. Mynsxjoy

I don't want to take anymore orders until I get, at least, the top 10 out the door.

price is Carbon Fiber $195.00.
Died Glass (red) $180.00.
Silver $185.00.
+ shipping. Paypal add 3% for fees.

Please be patient with me. I want to make sure these are the best quality and fit. To be fair to everyone, I will go with the list above in order. I will contact you as I am making yours. You will have a chance to pass or purchase. If you pass then I will contact the next person etc. I will try to get at lease two out per week. If you want yours clear coated it may be best to have 2-3 of them done at a time (I will get a price for that). I will mark the list above to show whos has shipped.

Thank you for all the interest. After adding my time and materials, they should be closser to $250. Take it as a gift :wink: to my fellow NSXers

Jeff

Last edited:
Im finally first at something:biggrin: Id like mine to replicate the stock one, PM ME with payment instructions:wink:

Id love to see a pic of the red dye glass. If I like it you can deff count me in!

Hi Tom,
Count me in as well. I'd like to see at some point how the other material options look like on a finished piece. Thanks.

here are some pics of the first production part.
DSCF1047sm.jpg

DSCF1048sm.jpg

on the car
DSCF1049sm.jpg

and 1 for Daniel:smile: (this is a Route KS hood)
DSCF1051sm.jpg

Jeff

Back