• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

cars for sale in DC/NOVA/MD area

From my experience, you don't always find top quality cars on the market in the usual places like Autotrader, cars.com, Hemmings, DuPont, EBay and such; I have been looking in those sites for quite awhile. I also have found that dealers who have exotic cars do not always advertise them since they appeal to a niche audience. I had hoped that someone on this forum might have seen on of these "under the radar" cars on display on the lot or in a showroom and passed the info along. Word of mouth can be a great resource.

I also have checked the Prime cars for sale but not every listing makes the car's location clear.

I travel a great deal during the year and I try to check out cars everywhere I go; usually the locals are willing to offer help and suggestions.

I (incorrectly I guess) hoped that someone on a forum devoted to these fine cars would offer help instead of snide remarks.

craigslist is good to. check the northern VA/MD/DC section, richmond, and norfolk. a few show up. there's a red 91 at a dealer in Virginia beach called elite motors.. might be worth taking a peek at.

I am flexible on all fronts. I live in Florida where a T would be nice, but I do not fit in a T as well as a coupe due to the mounting "bump" for the top that is right behind my head. If I find a T that I really like I will get the thin seat cushion that I have seen mentioned here on Prime. So either coupe or T; an NA2 coupe would be even better, but I know they are hard to find.

Based on my budget, I would think that my model year range would run from 95-99, although I have seen some apparently good clean 2000-2002 cars show up in the $45K range.

As for mileage, the lower the better, but I would hope to find something in the 20-35k miles.

Stock or near stock would be my choice, as I do not want to go the street racer route with turbo or supercharger.

I am willing to look outside of my immediate area because it seems like a lot of the NSX cars for sale here in Florida (and on line) are early vintage pre-92 or so and are high mileage. I passed on one 1991 near me that was in good shape but just felt like it had been rode hard for most of its 50k+ miles.

I know that what I am looking for is quite a bit like what other prospective owners are chasing; I have been casually looking for 8 months and would really like to find the right car before the end of the year.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

If I were buying another NSX today, I would seriously consider this 1994 Red/Black for sale in Phoenix, AZ.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129046

The interior and exterior appear to be absolutely pristine, the mileage is unbelievably low and it has been serviced at Basch Acura which is arguably the best NSX shop in the country. Phoenix is a long way from Tarpon Springs, but for the right car, a plane ticket and auto shipping are well worth the cost.

I would offer to sell you my NSX so that I can buy this one on my way back from CA the week after next, but I drive a targa with just under 80K miles which doesn't seem to fit your criteria.

Well, my NSX doesn't fit your criteria as far as model or mileage, it's a 1991 w/ @75K on the clock, but many local guys can attest to how clean the modest mods are as well as condition of the car in general. My intention has been to list her ebay once I get her detailed but I haven't had a chance. It's Sebring Silver/ black. Let me know if this sparks an interest, if so, I can send you details/pics, etc. There should be some in the owners gallery under my username. Car has just the "right" cosmetic upgrades as well as essential performance ones.

Thanks,
Eddie

Back