• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CCU repair

Hello all, my climate control kicked the bucket today so im wanting to try and fix it myself. At first the unit would only blow on high but everything else worked fine but today still only blowing on high till the lights on it started flashing and it just died all together.i dont mind doing some soldering and id like the challenge. Does anyone have any diagrams of what needs to be fixed on the board to make it work? Thanks in advance.

Hello all, my climate control kicked the bucket today so im wanting to try and fix it myself. At first the unit would only blow on high but everything else worked fine but today still only blowing on high till the lights on it started flashing and it just died all together.i dont mind doing some soldering and id like the challenge. Does anyone have any diagrams of what needs to be fixed on the board to make it work? Thanks in advance.
Pull it out and send it to Brian. Quick turn around, works as new. Save yourself the headache.
www.nsxe-repair.com

Thanks jinks but im willing to give it a try 1st. What is his turn around time anyways?
I cannot recall the turn around time. All I know is [MENTION=7588]Briank[/MENTION] is the number 1 man to send your c.c. Unit to... Dont delay, send it in today.
It will work flawlessly for decades...

its basically the capacitors that leak and the acid In them causes damage to the rest of the components.

its not just a case of replacing capacitors if its already become faulty. There isn't a diagram of what to fix as it depends on what has been damaged by the leaking capacitors.

I replaced mine but my ccu was 100% working and there was zero leaks on the board. If there was damage to other components and the PCB tracks, then I would of got a pro to repair it for me.

If you don't have experience in electrical PCB repair I probably would get a pro to do it as lots of people have ended up making the problem worse, which means that a simple fix for a pro, becomes a large undertaking.

However if you have experience fixing PCBS, tracks, acid damage etc then go for it :)

Just got my unit back from Brian and now my CCU/all HVAC works better than new! Follow the removal instructions on Brian's website which are very detailed (have Nylon pry bars for your panels and feeler gauges handy if you don't want to damage anything), then ship the board over to him. Took 7 calendar days from removal, to me getting it back and re-installing it (I'm in Northern Cali). His repair and soldering skill is top notch. I've done my fair share of soldering in my lifetime but his work is flawless. JUST IN TIME for the hot summer ahead. I'm happy.

RECOMMENDED SERVICE. THANKS AGAIN BRIAN!

Back