• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CDE-01 What does it mean?

I am having trouble with my CD Player, my console reads CDE-01, what does it mean?

Also I have loud bussing noise coming from the speakers when I turn on the radio, what is that?

Thank You
Erick Schmitt

I am having trouble with my CD Player, my console reads CDE-01, what does it mean?

Also I have loud bussing noise coming from the speakers when I turn on the radio, what is that?

Thank You
Erick Schmitt

It would help to know stock deck or aftermarket? Same goes for the rest of your system, tell us what is stock and what is not.

Everything on the system is stock, head unit, and player. I cannot eject the the cartridge from the CD unit, it is like it has no power to it. Then when I unplug the CD player the head unit reads CD-EE.
Thank You
Erick Schmitt

Everything on the system is stock, head unit, and player. I cannot eject the the cartridge from the CD unit, it is like it has no power to it. Then when I unplug the CD player the head unit reads CD-EE.
Thank You
Erick Schmitt

I believe the error 01 is a stuck CD. Since this is the stock CD changer, what you can do is stick a credit card or something stiff and slim like it directly under the CD cartridge. You will hit a mechanical release and the cartridge will release. Empty out the magazine, then stick it back in and press eject. Hopefully the stuck CD will eject. If not, do the same to release the cartridge again, but this time hit the eject button without the magazine. At this point, the CD may eject, or the CD transport may just reset. Then you can stick the magize back in and hit the eject button again. It has been a long time since I had to deal with all this with the Alpine CD changers (That is what the stock changer is based on) so hopefully it works for you.

I believe the error EE just means the CD changer is not connected.

I believe the error 01 is a stuck CD. Since this is the stock CD changer, what you can do is stick a credit card or something stiff and slim like it directly under the CD cartridge. You will hit a mechanical release and the cartridge will release.

I believe Chris is right about having a CD that got stuck in the changer.
However, one of the causes could be that another CD has partially come out of the magazine, jamming the magazine in the player and also the CD in the player. If this happened, the magazine cannot eject no matter what you do.
I have had this happen twice. The only way I could get the CD and magazine out was taking out the player, remove the cover and with a thin screwdriver push back the stuck CD. Even though I succeeded in getting out the CD, I destroyed the CD-tray in the process.

Back