• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CEL code pop up!

I had cel code it says Main heated o2 sensor but it doesn't show which bunk it is. Anyone has idea?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Go to the NSX Wiki page / Repairing your NSX and click on Service Manuals under Reference Sources. This will take you to a page with links to the service manuals. You can get a copy of the manual that applies to your 2002. In the section of the manual on the fuel injection system, there is a complete list of the OBDII error codes. There will be 4 error codes of the form Pxxxx that apply to the O2 sensor heater failures. Match the number displayed on the code reader with the number in the list and it should point to the failed sensor.

Got the info here from that link
P0155.02 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1)
P0141.02 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

Bank 1 = Rear (cylinder 1-3)
Bank 2 = Front (cylinder 4-6)

Sensor 1 = Primany, before cat
Sensor 2 = Secondary, after cat

So I need rear stream of Primary sensor right?

Yes replace the O2 sensor that is before the cat on your rear cylinder bank. Just before, check that the wiring is ok (who knows...).

probably top bunk....:biggrin:

Got the sensor, now can anyone help me where does sensor located? And how hard is it to do it? I saw the diagram earlier on someone post but couldn't find it so. Thank you

Read post #6 one more time before you jump in. Get an O2 sensor socket, rachet and breaker bar. Pb blaster also help for stubborn sensor..
So rear cylinder, toward the rear of the car, sensor before cat converter..
Spray pb blaster, let sits for 15mins. Longer if stubborn.
Before installing new sensor, apply thin coating of anti-seize compound which came with sensor. Then reinstall. Done..
Simple really.

Also you may want to compare you new sensors to your old ones and swap over any rubber mounting pieces that the old ones have.

Read post #6 one more time before you jump in. Get an O2 sensor socket, rachet and breaker bar. Pb blaster also help for stubborn sensor..
So rear cylinder, toward the rear of the car, sensor before cat converter..
Spray pb blaster, let sits for 15mins. Longer if stubborn.
Before installing new sensor, apply thin coating of anti-seize compound which came with sensor. Then reinstall. Done..
Simple really.
I hate to ask silly questions but I assume to fix this issue (error code P0135) I will need to access the engine from the underside?

I hate to ask silly questions but I assume to fix this issue (error code P0135) I will need to access the engine from the underside?
Yup. I disconnect the harness from top and just right underneath there's plug. Easy and solve the problem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OK thanks. I don't have lift ramps but this sounds like a good opportunity to invest in some. So other than the O2 sensor socket, rachet and breaker bar (and WD40 or equivalent) is there anything else I need?

Back