• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Celebration Show

Perfect day. Excellent setting. Good showing - lots of nice cars. Small NSX contingent (4), although it was good to see 4 there. Kudos to the NSX guys. Spectacular FXX, an F1 car with Schumacher's signature on it, a new Alfa Romeo that completely blew me away (when did Alfa start building such nice cars?) - a couple of pretty funky Rolls/Bentleys (tried to like 'em - couldn't do it), a Saleen that I might've given a bodypart for if someone had asked, a killer white SL65 Black Series, a whole flock of DeLoreans, a nice Noble, and a sweet Ford GT, just to name a very few. Disproportionately high number of Ferraris. If this was someone's first car show, they would have spent the afternoon wondering when Ferraris became a dime a dozen LOL. While there was enough diversity to make things interesting, even more diversity would have definitely been a good thing. Although I have to confess that swimming in a sea of spectacular Ferraris is really not that hard to take. At least not for one afternoon :biggrin:

Was it an alfa romeo 8C? I guess it's not new so maybe it's not the one you saw but I would definitely like to see one.

Great Show, met some new NSX folks and it was a pleasure. Thanks to all that attended. Hope to see eveyone next year.

Pretty sure it was based on a pic search on the internet. Very nicely done by Alfa!

Yep. That was it.

Never thought I'd ever, EVER hear myself say this, but that's an Alfa Romeo I'd actually like to own.

Dear God. Somebody help me :eek::confused::tongue:

2010 Alfa Romeo 8C Specifications:
VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door roadster
BASE PRICE: $301,600
ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 32-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 286 cu in, 4691cc
Power (SAE net): 444 bhp @ 7000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 354 lb-ft @ 4750 rpm
TRANSMISSION: 6-speed automated manual
DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 104.1 in Length: 172.5 in Width: 74.6 in Height: 53.9 in Curb weight: 3700 lb
PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 4.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.7 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.9 sec
Top speed (drag limited): 181 mph
PROJECTED FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST):
EPA city/highway driving: 12/17 mpg

Here's a website with crazy high resolution photos (of all kinds of cars) if you're in the mood for some new wallpaper:

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione/index.shtml

Attachments

• Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-020.jpg
    Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-020.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I saw an Alpha 8C...within a month or two of it's introduction a year or two ago...in ORLANDO! It was on display at the big car show they have down there out at the convention center on International Drive. More beautiful in the sheetmetal than in pics I had seen in Car and Driver a few weeks earlier.

Yeah, I'd take one. I'd have to mortgage the house just to pay the insurance but I'd find a way.

Ferraris are a dime a dozen, particularly 360 and 430. The organizer of the show is FCA Central FL Chapter president. so a good F car turnout is to be expected. Besides, F cars are a dime a dozen. :biggrin:

Ferraris are a dime a dozen, particularly 360 and 430. The organizer of the show is FCA Central FL Chapter president. so a good F car turnout is to be expected. Besides, F cars are a dime a dozen. :biggrin:

Let me know where that group buy is happening. If I could pick up a nice F430 at that price I might be able to afford the first "major" service. :biggrin:

Back