• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check engine and TCS light came on and won’t go off

Driving and suddenly check engine light and TCS light came on. Shut down and restarted and still on. Any idea what causes this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out it is O2 Sensor, Bank 1 Sensor 1. Now just need to figure out where it is located and replace it. Can someone tell me the location of this O2 Sensor?

Check the NSX Wiki / Repairing Your NSX / 3.0 Reference Sources. You will find links to the service manual for the NSX. Get a copy for your year. In the Fuel and Emissions Section you will find the instructions for replacing the O2 sensors.

A correct offset wrench for O2 sensors can sometimes help removal. Squirt the sensor with PB Blaster or some other penetrant a few hours before attempting removal - they can sometimes be tough to get out. You may need to apply some heat to facilitate removal. New sensors should come with anti seize compound to facilitate removal the next time. Some sensors come with it pre applied. Others it comes in a little squeeze tube - be sure to apply it. Don't let the anti seize get near the sensor element.

Check the NSX Wiki / Repairing Your NSX / 3.0 Reference Sources. You will find links to the service manual for the NSX. Get a copy for your year. In the Fuel and Emissions Section you will find the instructions for replacing the O2 sensors.

A correct offset wrench for O2 sensors can sometimes help removal. Squirt the sensor with PB Blaster or some other penetrant a few hours before attempting removal - they can sometimes be tough to get out. You may need to apply some heat to facilitate removal. New sensors should come with anti seize compound to facilitate removal the next time. Some sensors come with it pre applied. Others it comes in a little squeeze tube - be sure to apply it. Don't let the anti seize get near the sensor element.

Thank you.

Back