• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Check out this GB deal: Aluminum goods for your NSX

Finally got the chance to installed, most important is to make sure you got all the right tools and definetly need a right angle drill to do the clutch and the brake which are a pain and due to the awkward position and cramp space. Took me about 1.5h to do all, but worth it. Now I need to go and take 2 Aspirin :)
View attachment 109303

Any thoughts on the gas pedal? When I did mine, the lower screw is in a recessed place on the pedal, so the screw cannot reach anything. I screwed mine into the plastic pedal cover but I don't like the additional thickness that leaves. Did someone have a better way to put the gas-pedal cover in place directly on the metal pedal?

Any thoughts on the gas pedal? When I did mine, the lower screw is in a recessed place on the pedal, so the screw cannot reach anything. I screwed mine into the plastic pedal cover but I don't like the additional thickness that leaves. Did someone have a better way to put the gas-pedal cover in place directly on the metal pedal?

A few old forum posts running through the instructions:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/64088-Autovation-Pedals-Install

There is apparently a Larry B. method where you bolt the pedal cover to the accelerator, but to be honest I couldn't figure it out. If I had a copy of the old NSX Driver where Larry did his DIY write up, perhaps that would clear it up (can anyone scan it in?).

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize I could adjust the position of the brake pedal. For the few mm that I'm looking for, that's probably easier than working out a way of installing the pedal cover without the OEM plastic cover.

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize I could adjust the position of the brake pedal. For the few mm that I'm looking for, that's probably easier than working out a way of installing the pedal cover without the OEM plastic cover.
Gimme a hollar if you need a right angle drill, I have a pretty good one that made the install a lot easier on me.

(obligatory installed photo)
a2la.jpg

I did install mine; although my right-angle adapter was slightly big for the application, in combination with the dremel, it all worked out. Looking at yours, though, raises a question for me. As I remember it, my gas pedal has three screw holes, not four. Because of that, the lower screw has nothing to bite into if I don't use the OEM plastic cover. With the four holes you have, it seems like it would properly attach to the flange of the pedal.

I feel bad.. .I signed up for this and never ordered anything. By the time they got it put together, I already had my car stored and it was out of sight, out of mind. Need that heel guard tho. Or OEM floor mats, whichever comes first.

Does anyone have photos of the side sills installed? Or has no one received them yet?
I have not installed mine yet but have received my whole order (Shift Plate, Sills, Heel Guard & Pedals), they turned out great!
I'll post some pics soon... It took awhile to complete the custom order but am 100% Satisfied with the parts. Worth the wait!

I received mine last week. I keep my garage around 50 which is a little to cold to install.See you in Hershey
Bah, you are a hearty upstate New Yorker! 50 should be like a sauna after the weather you have been having this winter! Just registered for Hershey yesterday and am super excited to be making it this year after having to skip it last year.

Single Samurai said:
this coming Thursday / 20th.

I am that kid in the backseat hopping up and down asking "are we there yet? are we there yet?" :P

I was on the wall of getting them in black galaxy myself, sweet post Pics! I've got a set of Sills Grid Design in Matte finish coming soon as well I 'll post some pics when then arrive.

Ran in to a problem with the install as there is a flaw in the design of the sills. As you can see in the photo below, the OEM sills are not flat but the autovation ones are. This means they don't sit straight on the door sill leaving a really bad gap. I guess I will need to rig up some sort of rubber gasket in order to give them a decent look. Sort of bummed though as it seems this would have been a very obvious flaw when they were designed.

wdov.jpg

w8wj.jpg

Yikes! You may look into having a spacer cut to fit just right if you can find material of the right thickness. If one of the laser-cutting places doesn't have the right thickness then McMaster likely will.

http://www.pololu.com/product/749
http://www.ponoko.com/make-and-sell/materials
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-sheets/=rcr3j5

Interesting idea - but I doubt I have the skills to build the design to instruct a company such as that how to produce my desired part.

... instruct a company such as that how to produce my desired part.

For laser-cut parts it's pretty easy: you just draw the outline using something like Inkscape. All 2-D since that's how the laser cuts. They generally have templates that you use to draw your part and pretty easy rules to follow. I wasn't thinking of anything all that fancy, just a shape that you would attach with body tape or some other adhesive. It may be nearly as easy to make the part yourself with a table saw and sander, etc.

Back