• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check your A/C Cond. Fans fuses Now!!! DIY.

I had lost a hood bumper, then the next year, I noticed one fan wasn't blowing and the fuse was blown. My hood bumper fell and jam'd the fan.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Hi Warren, I got the fan free wheeling I hit it with my finger and it turns freely. Thanks for the input

- - - Updated - - -

We don't use the AC much and when I tried to undo the wire clip, it looked like some how the release tab was broken off so working from underneath with the bumper still on and the AC blowing cold I got lazy and just left the fuse out of the right condenser fan, thinking next time I take the bumper off I should be able to diagnose for a short a little easier. Which I am not 100 percent certain about on how to do. The way I understand it is there should be no continuity between an individual wire and the ground unless it is the ground, and there should be continuity between the two fan wires as long as the condenser fan should be called for to run? I have looked a little for a wiring diagram for the condenser fan but nothing yet. Thanks for the input.

Roger, if it started by giving it a push, it is probably the fan itself, but here is a wiring diagram.
Hi Warren, I got the fan free wheeling I hit it with my finger and it turns freely. Thanks for the input
attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

I have looked a little for a wiring diagram for the condenser fan but nothing yet. Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• cooling fans01.jpg
    cooling fans01.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
Thanks again Warren, westside quoted me 400 dollars for a fan motor and next day availability, so I might tackle tacking the bumper off and see if I can determine a bad fan motor. Which I suspect is causing my fuse to blow.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Warren, thanks for the drawing, when I said I got it to go I meant that it was totally seized would not budge, I did manage to get the blade to turn by spraying the blade and motor with oil to the point that it would turn freely. So at this point I put a new fuse in and expect to see the fan turn but no movement, I check the fuse and it is blown again. So I might take the bumper off in September and take a better look at the fan motor, west side acura said they could have a new motor next day if I need one for a mere 400 dollars. But I will cross that bridge when the time comes.

Hi All,

After running through the troubleshooting section 22-52 of the FSM it appears I have two dead condenser fans. Seems odd, but I just verified it by pulling the fender liner and testing the RH one with 12v-nada!

Has anybody been able to rebuild one of these, or locate a vendor that can do it?

It looks like there is no aftermarket, and Acura still wants about $244 each.

>Has anybody been able to rebuild one of these

It is likely the carbon motor brushes need replacement as both of them have gone out at the same time.

Tear it down, clean it up and see what you got. Key words are "motor brush replacement" in your local search engine.

Yes this is an OLD thread, but I'm trying to get my Compressor to work. I don't think it's bad, so before I go out and buy one, does anyone know where the Fuse/Relay is for the AC COmpressor itself? I have a 91 with a converted R32 AC System, and I charged the freon, so I know it's got enough. Plus no leaks. Did the dye/UV light test. Thank you.

Underhood, Relay Box A. This is the box that is mounted to and parallel to the front firewall.

The relays are roughly divided up into six and four. It is in the rear center of the cluster of six.

The compressor relay is mounted in the engine bay on the engine bay fan mount. You can start there and work back with the service manual. The control signal comes from the ecu which gets the run signal from the fan control module. Th e fan control module can stop the sigmal depending on tempature or freon pressure (to high or to low). The fan control module gets the compressor run signal from the climate control.

Yearly (almost) bump for this easy check/fix.
Just checked mine and unfortunately that wasn't the cause of my lack of AC...

Back