• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

checked out an NSX Today

I looked at a stock 92 red NSX today. The guy is firm on 29K w/ 107K miles. The paint and body looks awesome. The only thing is that the rear tires are almost out, I saw a droplets of oil when he pulled the car back into the garage. Do you guys think this car is worth the price? He also wasn't sure if the previous owner fixed the snap ring problem. What are your thoughts in a high mileage NSX? Mind you that this would be my daily drive. I'll put 30 miles round trip to work. thanks!

i want a red one.... :(

did you take it for a test drive?

Do you know how to inspect a car? If you dont, take it to some one that does. 29K is a good bit of change. The oil could be something as small as a drain bolt leaking to head cover gastket leaking or oil pan gasket amoungst other stuff.

I think at $29k with over 100k miles is f'ing crazy! walk away!

joeker said:
I looked at a stock 92 red NSX today. The guy is firm on 29K w/ 107K miles. The paint and body looks awesome. The only thing is that the rear tires are almost out, I saw a droplets of oil when he pulled the car back into the garage. Do you guys think this car is worth the price? He also wasn't sure if the previous owner fixed the snap ring problem. What are your thoughts in a high mileage NSX? Mind you that this would be my daily drive. I'll put 30 miles round trip to work. thanks!

That price is WAAAAY wrong! You can get a nice '92 NSX with 50,000 miles for that much. Run away now if he will not come down to something more like $25,500.

that's what I thought. Thanks guys, but when you're standing there looking at this awesome machine, the child in me says "I want it!" But I won't let my emotions get the best of me!

That does seem very high for a 91 with that many miles.
Also be aware many folks have to fix things after they buy their prize.
Check everything prior to pulling the trigger.
I see it often here. Got a great deal! But will take
a little work to make perfect.
Alignment, tires, air cond, Ti belt, minor paint work, clutch,
etc can add up to amazing amounts.
The list mentioned above could be a quick $10k :eek:

Back